PDA

View Full Version : So the chrome finish is comming off my sinktube...

Ryma Mara
12-17-2006, 02:11 AM
How do I get the finish to come back, paint?

What kinda paint? sand with 400-1000 grit sand paper, primer, sand, primer, sand, paint a few coats.

or just spreay the sinktube as is?

What kinda paint should I look for?

darthdan
12-17-2006, 05:35 AM
You're probably not going to get the chrome finish back. There's no paint that I know of that is going to put that finish back on. In my experience, even the "chrome" spray paints are really just silver. The only thing that looks chrome is chrome-plating, and you definitely don't want to go to that expense for a sinktube.
My advice: buy a new sink tube, or sand and polish the one you have to a shiny brassier finish.

Ryma Mara
12-17-2006, 05:43 AM
and thats something I dont want to do, at 7$ a pice iam not gonna replace them. guess I might just want to try a silver or something.

i was looking at this site a while back and for some reasion i get a 404 error when I go to it but the person makes his sabers hardware style and he uses this silver (mylar?) film to get the "shiny chrome" look.

wish I could remember what it was.

xwingband
12-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Mylat tape is almost like contact paper. You can buy that at Michael's if you have one near you. If $7 is a problem though I don't see another $5 or so for a spray can or mylar tape as a solution for you.

I'd make it look like you did it on purpose. Weathering. :)

vortextwist
12-17-2006, 09:01 AM
if you would quit caressing it, the finish would still be there. :lol:

Ryma Mara
12-17-2006, 12:44 PM
okay. vortex hush, I shal be over afterwhile.

Firebird21
12-17-2006, 03:38 PM
if you would quit caressing it, the finish would still be there. :lol:

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_spit.gif