PDA

View Full Version : Video: Power Level Indicator for box style 1

Madcow
07-21-2015, 09:01 AM
https://youtu.be/dTi8yAQMOXo

Comment away!

Cire Yeldarb
07-21-2015, 10:58 AM
During the sale I actually bought two of the other PLI and that T8 tube specifically so that I could attach the PLI to the inside of the tube to hold in in place with the cut out in the hilt. I am happy to hear you give that as an example, because that makes me feel much better about the practicality of using that method!

TrypWyr
07-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Hey Rob, just shy of the 5 minute mark, you plug in the 3.7v battery with the single LED mod. It looks like the very bottom red LED lights up very faintly... is that normal/a feature/a bug/who knows?

I kinda like it, just curious. Great new video!

Just thought of another question, but this may be for Tim: I see that the other PLI now comes on a black PCB instead of green, is this PLI w/switch going to a new PCB as well? I haven't been completely sold on the look in box 1 mainly because of the color, black would completely change that! :)

Strydur
07-21-2015, 11:22 AM
I think the red does light up slightly not sure why.. When we do another batch of these I will probably switch to the black PCB.

Madcow
07-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Yes - red was on very faintly in the single LED mod.

DarthFender
07-21-2015, 05:11 PM
I think the red does light up slightly not sure why.. When we do another batch of these I will probably switch to the black PCB.

Black would be awesome.

And thanks to Rob for another awesome video.

TrypWyr
07-21-2015, 08:16 PM
When we do another batch of these I will probably switch to the black PCB.

Sah-weet! :D

Robust Stardust
07-22-2015, 11:47 AM
Great overview of the PLI Madcow! Thanks for these helpful video series.

One question (and sorry if this is obviously covered elsewhere), can the PLI go after the recharge port in the circuit--that is, between the sound board and the recharge port--so that the kill key switches the PLI on/off, and so that the charger plug cuts power to the PLI when charging?

Silver Serpent
07-22-2015, 12:01 PM
Yes, that would work fine.

Robust Stardust
07-22-2015, 12:18 PM
Fantastic, thanks Silver Serpent!

unclescary
07-25-2015, 09:11 AM
I was wondering if anyone had any Ideas on how to to cover the PLI when it's used in Box style 1. I am a bit worried about the soldering joints being exposed to the elements may cause problems in the future or am I worrying over nothing?

hapki
01-02-2016, 07:54 PM
I had the same question. I"m not sure if the cards fit over it.

mike15301
06-09-2016, 07:03 AM
I am trying to figure out my wiring on my build I'm using a nano biscotti v3 and was not using a kill key where should I wire up my PLI?

rlobrecht
06-09-2016, 07:45 AM
I am trying to figure out my wiring on my build I'm using a nano biscotti v3 and was not using a kill key where should I wire up my PLI?

You are better off starting a brand new thread for this question. Without a kill key, your PLI will always be on.

Madcow
06-10-2016, 03:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any Ideas on how to to cover the PLI when it's used in Box style 1. I am a bit worried about the soldering joints being exposed to the elements may cause problems in the future or am I worrying over nothing?

Unless you are sabering in the rain I wouldn't worry. There is a silicone spray I think that you could coat the PLI with, not sure where to get it. Feel free to post any successful ideas you try.