PDA

View Full Version : Community Build Project/Stream

XionLord
07-14-2015, 09:12 AM
So Heres the thing. Bought my first saber (US), love it.
But I still want to build my own, and while I wanna go ham...I would rather not directly invest in something 'mine' in case i screw it up somehow.

So here is the idea.
You can reply with a single part (Or multiple if your part requires it. Like a specific heatsink for an LED)
Once I have a viable build list, You can post build it. At this point I would need someone with knowhow to double check the list before I order.
Next up would be the build.
I am thinking of live streaming a literal first time build video, with whoever wants to help guiding me through. If no one helps I will use whatever video someone gives me to do it and hope for the best.

Honestly it would be a fun project for me to do. Make a great informational video to show how approachable this hobby really is. Oh and I would be building the Forum Saber XD Which sounds kinda cool.
If the prices goes sky high I may need to order over time. But to me this feels like a fun thing. You guys pick the parts, and the accessories. I Build it to get some hands on experience before I go and build something personal.

Also feel free to point out if anyones done this before. Would be nice to see other peoples success.
At the same time, if not enough people wanna give a part to the list, I dont mind if people list a second part etc.
My end goal is to have some knowledge and experience before i try for a crystal chard build. Confidence and experience.

================================================== ======
Buy List goes here.

Taki117
07-14-2015, 10:09 AM
First My part.

Hilt style 5 (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Hilt-Style-5-7-Fluted-double-female-threaded-connector-P406.aspx)

Second: What do you want out of your saber? do you want sound? the ability to color mix? It's hard to suggest parts if you don't have an idea in your head already.

sgcdialler
07-14-2015, 10:23 AM
MHS choke style 1 short (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHS-choke-style-1-short-P317.aspx) with two lines lathed into the part, .005" deep, spaced .0625" above/below the center of the choke valley.

XionLord
07-14-2015, 10:36 AM
First My part.

Hilt style 5 (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Hilt-Style-5-7-Fluted-double-female-threaded-connector-P406.aspx)

Second: What do you want out of your saber? do you want sound? the ability to color mix? It's hard to suggest parts if you don't have an idea in your head already.

Part of this is i wanna see what it ends up being. So if someone starts adding sound i will adjust to match.

Also i will update the list once i get home and not on my phone

darth_chasm
07-14-2015, 11:45 AM
Blade Holder 11

Greenie
07-14-2015, 01:50 PM
I'll go with pommel style 10 :mrgreen:

Cire Yeldarb
07-14-2015, 03:08 PM
Live-streaming a Saber build sounds brilliantly fun!

If part of the goal of this is to give you experience before you make your own Crystal Focus build, then lets go ahead and add a:

Petit Crouton (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Petit-Crouton-Sound-Module-V35-P893.aspx)!

sgcdialler
07-14-2015, 08:12 PM
Looks like this is what we have so far!
It's sitting at 12.5" right now, tip to tip. Could definitely stuff a Nano Biscotte in there.

Taki117
07-15-2015, 05:53 AM
That actually looks like a pretty cool saber.

JediCarpet
07-15-2015, 09:13 AM
I think a pure white or silver blade would look good on it.

White:
Cool White Cree XP-L CopperNova
Collimator Lens 5 deg viewing angle
Cree/Rebel Lens Holder
Star thermal tape pad
MHS Heat Sink V3 or V4 (Which will likely get added to the basket when you add the blade holder anyway)
12 Colored Discs (To change colours as well)

Silver:
Custom Tri-Cree LED (2 white, 1 blue)
MHS Heat Sink V3 or V4 (Which will likely get added to the basket when you add the blade holder anyway)
18deg Tri-Rebel/Cree Star Lens
Star thermal tape pad

If you're going to add the flash on clash with a nano biscotte, disregard my suggestion as it probably won't work out :)