PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get a bright yellow or Bane's heart on an econo?

ChillyAleman
07-07-2015, 01:22 PM
I have an Ultimate FX soundboard and I want a bright blade. On one hand I like Yellow and I was considering mixing a Tri Cree with Red, Red-orange and Green. I also like Bane's Heart (pinkish purple) and I was considering a red-red-royal blue. Will both of these show up well on a meager 3-5 volts? (I don't think the Ultimate FX board can take anymore.) And is there any problem with the layout I usggested?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-07-2015, 01:38 PM
First, Welcome to the Forums.

If I am not mistaken, I believe boards like that can only put out 1A in current, which wouldn't be enough to do any type of color mixing.

ChillyAleman
07-07-2015, 01:44 PM
I suppose that is to be expected when I try to be cheap. Thank you.

Thalan the Exiled
07-07-2015, 03:49 PM
You could try to bypass the soundboard and run the led directly from the power supply. You would probably need to use a mom/latching converter but it does work. I ran a similar set up with a cheapo board(till it died). You would basacily run a y split from the switch ao when you push it it turns on both the soundboard and the mom/latch converter. That way you will be able to do some mixing of colors. It is a pain and can cause space issues but unless you by a better board it is a cheap solution.

JakeSoft
07-07-2015, 06:34 PM
I think Thalan is on the right track. Another method you might try is the transistor trick to bypass the soundboard's amperage limitations. There are some diagrams around here someplace showing how to do it.

Jay-gon Jinn
07-07-2015, 08:34 PM
We also used to do similar set ups with MR boards and led's called luxeon V's that required 7.2v to light up, and used relays driven off the board's output to redirect the battery voltage to the led. A similar st up may work for your needs.

JediCarpet
07-08-2015, 07:51 PM
If you want a bright yellow, go with the amber and green. Don't add red because the green counteracts the red in the amber...so adding red would get you back to the amber/orangy colour. Just happen to have amber, green, and red sabers that I tested the mixing with ;) The amber-green mix is a really nice yellow.

Here's the link that I had created when I was looking into the lack of amps problem. Big shout out to Jay and Baboon for helping with it.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?17611-Hasbro-Card-Problems

calto40k
08-11-2015, 10:01 PM
If you want a bright yellow, go with the amber and green. Don't add red because the green counteracts the red in the amber...so adding red would get you back to the amber/orangy colour. Just happen to have amber, green, and red sabers that I tested the mixing with ;) The amber-green mix is a really nice yellow.

Here's the link that I had created when I was looking into the lack of amps problem. Big shout out to Jay and Baboon for helping with it.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?17611-Hasbro-Card-Problems

Would an Amber White White or Amber Green white work? Also could I run them all together at the same time?
Do I need to set it up as one connection due to it being on an obsidian usb 3 soundboard?

Miraluka
08-11-2015, 11:20 PM
If you run 2 white dice with any color you're pretty much going to end up with white. And if you want to use A/G/W for a white FoC, cool. But if you want to run white along with the yellow mix, it's going to make the blade brighter, but it's probably not going to make a bright yellow color you're looking for, it's going to be a bright blade which is pale yellow in color. Make sense?

calto40k
08-12-2015, 10:27 PM
If you run 2 white dice with any color you're pretty much going to end up with white. And if you want to use A/G/W for a white FoC, cool. But if you want to run white along with the yellow mix, it's going to make the blade brighter, but it's probably not going to make a bright yellow color you're looking for, it's going to be a bright blade which is pale yellow in color. Make sense?

Understood I'm looking to make something akin to a bright golden yellow

Miraluka
08-13-2015, 12:19 AM
Well, I can't be 100% sure of what exact color you're looking for, but I'm guessing the amber/green mix will get you what you want. Have you considered just using a triple amber? They are pretty nice. It's kind of a deep yellow but I like it quite a bit.

You can ignore the one on the bottom, it's a quad CREE XB-D A/A/A/A. The top one is a tri CREE XP-E2 A/A/A. I originally took this photo to show how much better the tri XP-E2 is.