PDA

View Full Version : Look over of build plan, input please.

Zahc Zi Phan
07-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Hello fellow builders. I am nearly ready to assemble my new saber. It will be very complex. Just waiting on some parts to come back in stock. I will illustrate here how I plan to wire everything up, please forgive me because I do not yet have a wiring diagram drawn up. I will do that before I start soldering. This will be fairly concise as I understand mostly how to wire everything up.

The specs:
Crystal Focus v7.5 with CEx
Tri-Cree XP-E2 RGrB
2x 12mm AV switches, blue and green.
Railmaster 28mm 2w speaker
Custom made 2x 18650 3400mah 7.4v battery
Switchcraft recharge port
Rice port
Possibly SMD LEDs for the CF board
5mm common cathode RGB LED for crystal chamber blade matching

The plan:
1. Wire CF as explainer in Plecter manual.
2. Wire recharge port to have kill key functionality, with rice port ground going to recharge port negative. Leave rice ground on board untouched.
3. Wire Tri-Cree to CF and CEx channels as explained in manual for color mixing.
4. Wire 5mm RGB to Corresponding color channels on CEx and CF, place a resistor on the red lead, but not blue and green (I heard they were unnecessary).
5. Wire 1ohm 2watt resistors for the LEDs in the 12mm AV switches (thats what I used for my 16mm AVs).

Questions:
1. Are the LEDs in the 12mm switches different than the 16mm? Do they even need resistors being green and blue?
2. What about a resistor for the red lead on the 5mm LED? 1ohm 2w? I hate calculating these things. I know there is a calculator which I will probably end up using. Just wanted to see if anyone has done the same thing and can just tell me. Haha.
3. I do not need resistors for the main LED channels on the CF and CEx, correct?

Thanks for any input!!!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-06-2015, 07:33 PM
1. Basically, no. It's always a good idea to put at least a minimal resistor on the LED.
2. Your calculations are WAAAAYYY off. I posted a tutorial around here a while back, in this section actually. You should read it over. "The Force helps those who help themselves." ™
3. Correct.

Zahc Zi Phan
07-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the input FJK. I was looking for that tutorial. Forgot you were the one who posted that. I will stop being lazy, look it over, and come up with the correct resistors, and make a wiring diagram while I am at. I'll repost when I get that all done.