PDA

View Full Version : NB v2 looping sounds

nicr08
07-05-2015, 06:47 PM
I added a Nano Biscotte v2, with PEX and AV switch to a stunt saber. All seems to work fine, except that it loops the motion and clash sounds continuously.

I did not use a wiring harness. Upon close examination of the contact points on the board (using a magnifying glass and flashlight) I do not see any bridging with solder.

Any ideas why it is looping the motion and clash sounds?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-05-2015, 06:51 PM
You either don't have resistors on your main LEDs OR your battery may be running out of power. I would recharge your battery, and put resistors on your main LEDs (if they aren't there already) - and see what happens.

DarthScohin
07-05-2015, 07:30 PM
I've noticed when my saber gets low on power it'll play clash and swing sounds sporadically, so it's probably needing a charge

nicr08
07-06-2015, 06:12 AM
Thanks, guys. I do have resistors on the LEDs, but the batteries may be low.

nicr08
07-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Ok, so, I charged the battery and it seemed to create a more enthusiastic looping of the swing sounds. I noticed, however, that I forgot to put a resistor on the white LED used for the foc. Would that be the problem, even though the white is not the "main LED"? (I noticed that Madcow did not resistor the white in his video tutorial...)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-06-2015, 06:50 PM
It's usually a good idea to put one on, it's cheaper than replacing a Tri-LED. ;)

nicr08
07-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Update: I added the resistor to the white FOC die and the problem was resolved. (It will start back up as the battery drains, though. I think I'll re-do the build with a better battery configuration.) Thanks.

If I re-do the build, I think I would like to get the 186500 single cell holder, item #: 18650H . It says it will not fit the Panasonic Protected 18650 button top batteries. I'm not sure which those are. Would I be able to buy the Panasonic Protected 18650 3.7V 3400mAh battery, item #: PANBT? Would that fit in the single cell holder?

Jay-gon Jinn
07-11-2015, 09:21 AM
Neither of those cells wil fit the holder, unfortunately. I have both styles on hand along with the holder and tried it....the protection PCB adds just enough length to each cell to make them too long to fit. However, if you use this cell http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Panasonic-Li-Ion-18650-37V-3400mAh-PCB-Protected-Rechargeable-Battery-P853.aspx and remove the contact tabs from the holder, it'll fit right in. This battery pack http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Panasonic-Protected-18650-37V-3400mAh-P855.aspx requires the tabs, so it's be difficult to use in the holder without soldering directly to the cell, which to me, defeats the purpose of using that holder.

nicr08
07-13-2015, 07:57 AM
Thank you. So, if I understand, to remove the contact tabs and to use the rechargeable battery would require a recharge port in the hilt, correct?

(These appear to be essentially the same battery, yet they have different lengths listed. What is the length of both?)