PDA

View Full Version : Battery pack for BBW tri cree

zannahishott
06-21-2015, 09:22 AM
So I plan on using all three LEDs at once to achieve a light blue color. All of the LEDs together need 10.1 volts and 3000mA. What battery combo should I use? I'm fairly sure I won't need any resistors.

Also, I plan on this wiring setup: battery pack to switch, switch to LEDs, then LEDs back to battery pack. Also thinking of doing in hilt recharge. I am also having trouble finding threads about wiring all three LEDS on a tri cree to go at the same time. Is my set up going to work?

Jay-gon Jinn
06-21-2015, 12:51 PM
You won't need 10.1 volts....in this case, you'd wire up the led's in a parallel circuit (all share common positive and negative connections), which will maintain the forward voltage of all three led's as if they were one (@3.5v). You'd still need about 3A to power them. Each led will need it's own resistor, as well. A single 18650 Li-Ion would be the best solution, or if there's room in the saber, two in parallel. This will give you fairly short runtime, though since the battery has a cpactiy of either 2600mAh or 3400mAh, depending on which one you use.

Alchaggy
02-14-2016, 01:23 AM
You won't need 10.1 volts....in this case, you'd wire up the led's in a parallel circuit (all share common positive and negative connections), which will maintain the forward voltage of all three led's as if they were one (@3.5v). You'd still need about 3A to power them. Each led will need it's own resistor, as well. A single 18650 Li-Ion would be the best solution, or if there's room in the saber, two in parallel. This will give you fairly short runtime, though since the battery has a cpactiy of either 2600mAh or 3400mAh, depending on which one you use.

would this be my same situation? http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?19612-Tri-Cree-XP-E2-powering-questions

girot
02-14-2016, 08:07 PM
Basically, yes. :D