PDA

View Full Version : FOC Color

jt_trouble
06-17-2015, 01:14 PM
Hey all.

Has anyone ever used a color other than White for their FOC?

If yes. How was the color mixing when the flash ignites? Like if I used Two Red and Blue FOC, or vice versa. Would I get a purple'ish flash? As well as other colors?

Examples please if you have done this.

Thanks

Zahc Zi Phan
06-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Many people use RGB LEDs for the main, in which case the FOC is never white because there is no white die. Depending on the color and power the FOC is set at, you can either get a strong blue FOC or it would momentarily mix and create purple ish. Whatever you have two die of is going to be the stronger color, so the red would dominate. If you're running both red die at max each and a blue FOC without any tuning of the board, you'll likely get a momentary blast of pinkish purple. There are ways to fine tune the FOC color however, and with a plecter board, you can isolate your FOC color pretty well. It takes some messing around with, but with a color mixing saber, RGB especially, you can have pretty much whatever FOC color you want.

Zahc Zi Phan
06-17-2015, 03:56 PM
That being said, if you go RGB, your main color can be anything, and I have seen some people achieve a wicked SILVER FOC. Similar to white, but very unique and slightly blue-ish.

sks1138
06-17-2015, 06:58 PM
I used a Royal Blue/Green/Green tri-rebel with a NBv2 rB/G mixed for Cyan-ish blade with the other green mixing with the main color for a light green flash.

jt_trouble
06-18-2015, 05:04 PM
The saber I plan on using will have a NB2 installed. So I won't really be able to utilize full color mixing. Was thinking of a custom tri cree and doing the same.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-18-2015, 05:12 PM
The saber I plan on using will have a NB2 installed. So I won't really be able to utilize full color mixing. Was thinking of a custom tri cree and doing the same.

It really depends on what colors you are looking to achieve. Many use white over whatever the main color is for convenience, plus it looks "realistic". I've done that myself on Apex. I've also used a RGB to mix colors and various FoC colors to "match" each of my blade colors (Illustrious).

jt_trouble
06-18-2015, 07:57 PM
If I don't wire in the FOC connection. Will the third die power on with the other two and stay on?

Miraluka
06-18-2015, 08:28 PM
The NBv2 amp limit on the main LED is 2A so if you want to run all three dice you need to wire a pex into your main LED rather than the FoC. So you gotta wire it one way or the other, can't change it "on the fly."

jt_trouble
06-18-2015, 09:16 PM
So run the FOC wire from the PEx to the main LED + pad if I went that way?

If there's a diagram of sorts on this forum, drop me a link. my search-fu is lacking lol