PDA

View Full Version : MHSv1 Hilt Style 2, O Rings & Covertech + O Ring Question

Choos
06-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Hi all,

Still mulling over my first saber build and finally came across the O Rings which look to be a great idea only when I build in the MHS builder with Hilt Style 2 I was wondering if they would be a problem to have a covertech in the ribbed section which could possibly stop their installation?

Next question, can the O Rings be painted (coloured) and what would one use to do this painting?

Taki117
06-15-2015, 07:01 PM
The way the covertech works is its a separate piece held on by a screw. You get the hole drilling service for the screw, test fit your Covertech to see how much it covers, then install your O-rings and then your Covertech last.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-15-2015, 07:06 PM
Next question, can the O Rings be painted (coloured) and what would one use to do this painting?

Once upon a time, they use to come in a couple of different colors, but it's been years since I've seen them. I think I might have a few Orange ones floating around, but since they are rubber (and flexible), they aren't going to hold a different color real well.

Silver Serpent
06-16-2015, 06:23 AM
I have attempted to paint o-rings with a variety of paints/stains. It doesn't work. You'll have to use your Google-Fu to find an online supplier that provides them in different colors.

Thalan the Exiled
06-16-2015, 08:07 AM
I found similar o-rings on ebay in red,blue,green, and brown. I even found some that let you choose the thickness of the ring as well. I searched for 30mm(1-3/16) o-ring. There are tons to pick from

hapki
06-16-2015, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure this is what you are asking, but the rings won't fit under the covertec button. So you won't be able to put rings in the grooves that run under to the button. I've made that mistake before.

Choos
06-17-2015, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure this is what you are asking, but the rings won't fit under the covertec button. So you won't be able to put rings in the grooves that run under to the button. I've made that mistake before.

Ta that was exactly my fear!

Choos
07-08-2015, 06:11 PM
On the flip side from the MHS builder it appears a covertec could be installed and not interfere with the O Ring placement, anyone know if this is true representation?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-08-2015, 06:16 PM
With that particular main body you can do it.

Choos
07-08-2015, 10:16 PM
With that particular main body you can do it.

Thank you again... Forgot to even mention that was Hilt Style 4 from the builder!