PDA

View Full Version : Chassis Disk Question

Zacharyah
06-14-2015, 07:24 AM
What's the bolt circle diameter for the 2 new holes in the chassis disks that correspond to the acrylic disks? I can't find a dimension for that anywhere, even in the acrylic chassis disk description. Also, if at all possible, what's the angle from the main holes to the new holes? Thanks

darth_chasm
06-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Those dimensions are right there in the product description under the product image.

Zacharyah
06-14-2015, 03:04 PM
I appreciate your response, Darth Chasm, but the dimensions provided are incomplete. They all list the three sets of three holes on the various bolt circles, but none of them have the diameter of the bolt circle for the two holes that match the chassis disks. The one 1.15" acrylic disk set for the nano biscotte has hole dimensions, but they're for the three holes on the .94" bolt circle.
Here's one of the descriptions

Chassis Disc style 2

1.24" OD x .2" thick

These now have a extra two holes that are compatible with the acrylic chassis discs

Hole sizes..

The center hole is .315 diameter.
The inner row of holes is three .116" diameter on a .6" circle. With a .1875" sleeve on the all thread (.7875" od circle), it will fit inside .8" bore of chokes.
The middle row of holes is three .116" diameter on a .94" circle. With a .1875 sleeve on the all thread (1.1275" od circle), it will fit inside 1.15" bore of ribbed.
The outer row of holes is three .116" diameter on a 1.05" circle. With a .1875" sleeve on the all thread (1.2375" od circle), it will fit inside 1.25" bore.

All of the descriptions are basically identical except to explain the difference between the chassis disks, such as fitting between male and female parts or threading into female parts.

It's probably safe to assume that the two holes for the acrylic disks are on the 1.05" diameter bolt circle, but my design is rather exacting and I'd rather not leave things up to assumptions.

Zacharyah
06-16-2015, 11:16 AM
Anyone? I guess what I'm really wanting to know is if I have 2 threaded rods on one side of an aluminum chassis disk in the 2 holds for the acrylic disks and 3 threaded rods on the other side in the holes on the .94" diameter bolt circle, will the nuts fit between the rods?

DarthMace
06-16-2015, 11:33 AM
Yes, as long as the nuts are the ones that TCSS sells.

Zacharyah
06-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Thanks Mace. Have you done a build like that before, going from 3 rods to 2? I'd love to see pictures of how that fits together

Zacharyah
06-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Related question: When it says most parts have .4" threads, how do I know which parts? Specifically the double male extension with slots style 2? The description only mentions the unthreaded length, and I'd rather not order the wrong chassis disk

Silver Serpent
06-22-2015, 06:28 AM
I think they're pretty much all converted over now. I would shoot Tim an email first with your parts list if you're concerned.

Zacharyah
06-22-2015, 06:52 AM
Thanks. I figured as much, but I just wanted to be sure