PDA

View Full Version : Short run time?

hapki
06-10-2015, 11:57 AM
My saber keeps shutting off after only a few minutes. I'm not sure what's going on and would like your thoughts. Here's what I have

PCv3.5
7.4v 1050 mAh (14650 pack)
Coppernova (royal blue, royal blue, white--one royal blue and the white using external resistor)
No accent lights
Charging via kill key
General power on indicator lights up ignition switch light (resistor limited)

I charge the battery until I get a green light (using the TCSS charger). I run the saber about 15 minutes. Then it turns off. Is this typical?

I'm thinking maybe I should run less power to the main LEDs. That would cut down on energy usage, but perhaps there's another issue going on? Maybe the battery is bad?

I dunno...

hapki
06-10-2015, 12:28 PM
OK, the charger light was turning green because it wasn't connecting with the recharge port properly. So it was showing green even though it wasn't fully charged. I've had a similar issue with other recharge ports. If the saber moves slightly, the connection is compromised. Anybody else have issues with an unreliable, glitchy interface with the charger? Any solutions?

Taki117
06-10-2015, 12:51 PM
OK, the charger light was turning green because it wasn't connecting with the recharge port properly. So it was showing green even though it wasn't fully charged. I've had a similar issue with other recharge ports. If the saber moves slightly, the connection is compromised. Anybody else have issues with an unreliable, glitchy interface with the charger? Any solutions?

you're best bet is to resolder the joint, and maybe use some heatshrink.

hapki
06-11-2015, 04:46 PM
The interface between the charge plug and the recharge port is the issue, not the soldering.