PDA

View Full Version : Pointed tips

Saber Rake
06-09-2015, 06:44 PM
So, pointed tips, are these things dangerous? Will they stab or hurt my opponent?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-09-2015, 06:46 PM
So, pointed tips, are these things dangerous? Will they stab or hurt my opponent?

If you "stab" hard enough, yes they could hurt.

Zahc Zi Phan
06-09-2015, 07:20 PM
FJK is right, while they're not sharp enough to draw blood without a seriously gnarly jab, they're very solid and don't give. They can cause quite a bruise if you jabbed hard.

That being said, I MUCH prefer them to round tips.

Saber Rake
06-09-2015, 07:33 PM
You prefer them? Why is that? Do they light up better?

DarthFender
06-09-2015, 08:11 PM
If you "stab" hard enough, yes they could hurt.

Same could be said for round tips, though. Hmmmm.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Same could be said for round tips, though. Hmmmm.

One will hurt more than the other. ;)

DarthFender
06-09-2015, 08:17 PM
O but now you're just knit-picking. :)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-09-2015, 08:18 PM
O but now you're just knit-picking. :)

I've fought against Novastar... I would know. However, if you are offering yourself up as a "test dummy"... I promise it won't hurt.. too much.

DarthFender
06-09-2015, 08:21 PM
You shall find me apt enough for that,sir. An you give me occasion...

Actually, the point of my post is that it's probably best practice to not jab with polyC blades in general. Because you could poke someone's eye out. .... OMG, I just turned into my Dad.

Poke away, kiddies, but wear eye protection.

Sevinzol
06-09-2015, 08:52 PM
"It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye"

Then we have to stop and look for it.

Miraluka
06-10-2015, 12:33 AM
From what I've seen, saber combat groups / competitions often require round tips because yeah, they're not going to hurt/injure you like a bullet/pointed tip.

Zacharyah
06-10-2015, 05:20 AM
To answer the question that got a little overrun, in my opinion bullet tips look more screen accurate, which is why I prefer them

Saber Rake
06-10-2015, 05:44 AM
Ok, thanks guys! No eye losing please....

Twigz
06-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Though bullet tips are more screen accurate, IMO they certainly don't attribute to the look of the saber once it is turned on. When the blade is illuminated, the bullet tip just looks like a large, white piece of plastic at the end of your saber. I like the rounded tips more due to they smaller amount of plastic at the end. It is a little less obvious that the tip doesn't light up when you have the smaller tip :P> I also have slight reason to believe that when you fight with a bullet tip, due to the taller shape and larger mass, it is easier to pop off of a blade than a rounded tip is.

Jay-gon Jinn
06-10-2015, 04:18 PM
There are ways to make both style of tip light up very well. ;)

Darth Obi Don
06-10-2015, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=Sevinzol;241636]"It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye"

Then it's fun and games with an eye patch. ARRRR!!! Matey!!

Zahc Zi Phan
06-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I prefer them because they look more accurate to me, and in my experience light up nicely. While the round tip is safer, I like the bullet tip for asthetical purposes. It just looks way cooler than a round tip IMHO.

DarthFender
06-10-2015, 08:52 PM
I find that neither round or bullet tips light up if they are the opaque white plastic type. But the clear frosted ones light up quite well if you remove the outer edge of the mirror before installing the tip.

Jay-gon Jinn
06-12-2015, 09:05 AM
I've found that to make the white tips light up, you need to remove the mirror and drill them out a bit, then re-install a smaller diameter mirror/reflective material that fits in the pocket you've drilled.

jedimastergarcia87
06-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Or what I was planning on doing was getting a pointed tip then sanding the very tip some so its kinda both worlds in a way when I do my build. Just thought it might be a cool idea to try =]

SithArts
10-04-2015, 05:00 PM
I've found that to make the white tips light up, you need to remove the mirror and drill them out a bit, then re-install a smaller diameter mirror/reflective material that fits in the pocket you've drilled.

Do you have a tutorial on making the tips glow better? As you said, and even parts specifically needed for the reflective mirror or material to do as you described?

Or what I was planning on doing was getting a pointed tip then sanding the very tip some so its kinda both worlds in a way when I do my build. Just thought it might be a cool idea to try =]

Have you or anyone sanded down the bullet tips yet and can post pics of the outcome?

I am working on my first saber and was going to get the tcss show blade but only option is the bullet tip and was wanting a rounded.