PDA

View Full Version : Resistor for Tri-Reb RGB

TheSilverDark
06-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Ok so short question. I did the math for the Green and Blue dies and its .19 ohms...a really small and inconsequential value. I can' teem to find resistors that value and I read somewhere else on this forum that I should be able to run the Blue and Green dies directly from the PRIZMs pads. But I can' twins the thread so I just want to make sure I don't ruin my led if I power them directly from the board.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-06-2015, 08:32 PM
Resistors only come in certain values, so you would likely have to "round up" to the next value. It is ALWAYS a good idea to put at least a minimal resistor on a main LED, unless you love replacement main LEDs.

TheSilverDark
06-06-2015, 11:13 PM
Ok thanks. Hum one more question, if I wire the resistor can I then create a junction after the resistor without losing ohms? Or amperage...which ever it is I need...

Thalan the Exiled
06-06-2015, 11:27 PM
I found some .27ohm 1/4watt resistors on ebay and they work great on my tri-reb rgb. I have a NBv2 and set up so I cam mix 2 colors for the main and 3rd for FoC. I used jst plugs for easy switching. Not true color mixing but you can get teal, yellow/green, and a purple like. Along with the regular rgb. I use the g and b to get teal with a red FoC. If you want a diagram of my set up just message me and I will put one together for you.

TheSilverDark
06-07-2015, 01:24 AM
Thanks Thalan :D I'm using a PRIZM though and it already has a "color mixer" so I think I'm set in that respect, thanks for the offer though!

Evilpancreas
06-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Don't do the junction. Just get two resistors and resist each die in itself and you'll be good.

TheSilverDark
06-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Ok. I am doing a Crystal chamber though that I'm wiring in parrallel to the main led. Still use separate resistors?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Each LED will need it's own resistor, the main AND each part of the accent LED.

TheSilverDark
06-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Alright thanks guys :D pretty sure this is my last question before I start building so thanks for all the help!

TheSilverDark
06-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Ok I lied, one more question.

The blue anti vandal runs at 3.3 V and 20mA...PRIZMs pad supplies 3.3V...so no resistor right?

The 3.3V pad does.