PDA

View Full Version : sink tube adapter length

Jedi Belinos
12-11-2006, 07:14 PM
I am looking at getting a setup for a youngling Yoda sized hilt. This is going to be a 1.5" sink tube with PVC. The catch is the hilt is going to only be 6" long. I need to know how long a blade holder style 1 screwed into a sink tube adapter would be so that I can figure out if I am going to have enough room in there for everything. Thanks

james3
12-11-2006, 07:21 PM
You may want to email Tim about a custom blade holder.

PVC tends to not fit the same as sink tube stuff.

Jedi Belinos
12-11-2006, 07:31 PM
just to be clear it is a pvc pipe on the outside of a sink tube so the blade holder and such would be going inside the sink tube with the pvc on the outside of the sink tube. so the normal dimensions of a 1.5" sink tube is what I need.

james3
12-11-2006, 07:37 PM
duh! i am the dum-bass for the night eh?

3inches oal.

JediHilt
12-11-2006, 08:14 PM
I have been thinking about making a yoda style hilt for my first MHS project so far I have determined you can either use a mhs hilt style1 with no button hole or a sink tube and with just the right rubber strips you can make the grips or take a pvc pipe cut and sand out the 4 grip pads till there smooth and spraypaint them and for the switch/clamp portion you can use a pvc sleeve spraypainted black with a MR.Luke switch on top of the pvc sleeve to simulate the clamp and switch or just use one of these flash lamp clamps from parks sabers accesories section and add a miniature push button switch in place of one of the calculator bubles http://www.parksabers.com/images2004/parts/mppclamp/1-30.jpg
you or tim could easily make the shroud guard out of aluminum so then I think the only way to make the proper blade holder is to have tim lathe one which hopefully because of the small size and the shortness of Yoda's emitter shouldn't cost to much to make.