PDA

View Full Version : Custom Saber, Drawn in Solid Works

samthe0ne
06-03-2015, 01:53 PM
My future Saber, 3D-rendered in Solid Works with the help of the MHS Builder, which wasnt to easy, cant zoom in on the measurements/scale in that app ;). Hince, it's not completely correct, messed up the measurments in the choke, and have to make a channel for the cables for the bladeholder in the Crystal-chamber

samthe0ne
06-03-2015, 01:57 PM
The rest of the Saber (and parts)

sgcdialler
06-03-2015, 01:59 PM
The crystal chamber you've got drawn up looks and awful lot like the one I posted a few days ago--I'm using the 1/4" brass tubes in mine to route wiring through the chamber, you could do the same for yours.

Lobezno
06-03-2015, 07:27 PM
The rest of the Saber (and parts)

Can't see this ones...

samthe0ne
06-03-2015, 09:50 PM
The crystal chamber you've got drawn up looks and awful lot like the one I posted a few days ago--I'm using the 1/4" brass tubes in mine to route wiring through the chamber, you could do the same for yours.

Honestly, I got the idea from you, so thanks

samthe0ne
06-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Can't see this ones...

Looking in to it

sgcdialler
06-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Honestly, I got the idea from you, so thanks

Glad to know my work is worth replicating :) I notice you've got the tubes in a square pattern. I know it's a rough design that you've drawn up, but keep in mind that when you make the final pieces you'll want to put them in the same sort of hexagonal pattern that the slots on the MHS chamber are in, that way your tubes don't block your view into the chamber.

My second concern is where you're going to try placing the chamber on the hilt (which is extremely long for a standard hilt haha). Where it is right now, the top of your chamber is going to be taken up by the heatsink from the LED star in your emitter piece. Personally I would consider putting the chamber below the choke section, as it's more lore-friendly, and more wiring-friendly, but it's just my opinion. I took the liberty of showing the differences using the MHS builder.

samthe0ne
06-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Glad to know my work is worth replicating :) I notice you've got the tubes in a square pattern. I know it's a rough design that you've drawn up, but keep in mind that when you make the final pieces you'll want to put them in the same sort of hexagonal pattern that the slots on the MHS chamber are in, that way your tubes don't block your view into the chamber.

My second concern is where you're going to try placing the chamber on the hilt (which is extremely long for a standard hilt haha). Where it is right now, the top of your chamber is going to be taken up by the heatsink from the LED star in your emitter piece. Personally I would consider putting the chamber below the choke section, as it's more lore-friendly, and more wiring-friendly, but it's just my opinion. I took the liberty of showing the differences using the MHS builder.

Yeah, I know that it is a bit long for a standard hilt, but i didnt like the look of the Pommel/Main body/Choke-combo/Bladeholder so I wanted something more in there, and this was what I came up with. And frankly, I rather have it like this than the other variation:
But I'll leave it up too you guys to judge :)

samthe0ne
06-04-2015, 07:57 AM
@sgcdialler most of all I wold like to get rid of the Double female extention, its that single piece that bothers me :P

sgcdialler
06-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Unfortunately with the pieces you're wanting to use that F2F adapter is going to be a necessary "evil". You would have to remove the crystal chamber piece to be able to get rid of that adapter (like in your second mockup). That fourth mockup is interesting, with the choke turned "upside down" like that. It's intriguing to me in that it looks good and is unique.

samthe0ne
06-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Unfortunately with the pieces you're wanting to use that F2F adapter is going to be a necessary "evil". You would have to remove the crystal chamber piece to be able to get rid of that adapter (like in your second mockup). That fourth mockup is interesting, with the choke turned "upside down" like that. It's intriguing to me in that it looks good and is unique.

It does, doesnt it? its one of the more promising mockups as of yet with my choise of pieces. And since I only plan to make one single saber (I'm not the biggest geek there is in this matter) I want to make sure that I got the best bang for the buck :).

Silver Serpent
06-04-2015, 10:55 AM
... I only plan to make one single saber ...

This is how it always begins. But then you realize you need a friend with a saber if you want to duel. We all want to duel. None of your friends have sabers, so you return to the drawing board...

And then you have a wall full of sabers. :)

sgcdialler
06-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Hehe you're not wrong Serpent! I've got half a dozen different designs on my whiteboard right now, and two builds in the shop!

samthe0ne
06-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Well, Since I've already have made 3 different sabers before (worked in a metal-industry before) I got some duel-friendly hilts already and just need one more. However, if my brother further on wants a good saber instead of borrowing my hilts I'm happy to help him build one :D

TheSilverDark
06-05-2015, 12:39 AM
"Make one saber they said...you won't get addicted they said"

Yeah that pretty much sums up me and sabers at the moment...I hate myself for blowing all my money but I love building these things. Planning out my next saber as I write this :D

samthe0ne
06-05-2015, 05:51 AM
A little bit simplier mockup, but still in the right length for my taste

jedimastergarcia87
06-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Nice. For some reason I can see this powering on and the light just flaring through those windows but in a red blade for some odd reason :P