PDA

View Full Version : Sf+mhs?

Saber Rake
06-02-2015, 06:02 PM
I know you guys get a little touchy when other brands get referenced, but I needed some help and thought you guys could help answer. Is Saber Forge MHS compatible, like, if I wanted to use one of their bodies and a MHS hilt, would they screw together or would the threads not fit?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-02-2015, 06:10 PM
I know you guys get a little touchy when other brands get referenced, but I needed some help and thought you guys could help answer. Is Saber Forge MHS compatible, like, if I wanted to use one of their bodies and a MHS hilt, would they screw together or would the threads not fit?

SF's stuff is NOT MHS compatible.

Evilpancreas
06-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Besides, why would you want to use their stuff? It's terrible haha:lol:

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Besides, why would you want to use their stuff? It's terrible haha:lol:

Let's watch the bashing.

Evilpancreas
06-02-2015, 08:04 PM
I'm being honest though. I own a SF hilt that I installed my own stuff into and it's just not up to par for what I paid. Tim's stuff will always be superior.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-02-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm being honest though. I own a SF hilt that I installed my own stuff into and it's just not up to par for what I paid. Tim's stuff will always be superior.

I know, and I agree - I've seen his work up close and personal myself. But with that said, let's not get into bashing SF here. ;)

Evilpancreas
06-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Just trying to aggressively sway someone away from a disappointing purchase haha

Noyl Wendor
06-02-2015, 08:36 PM
I'm not touchy. So I can say this, I've owned a few SF hilts. They're not GREAT, but their not horrible either. I'd say after 10 or so years using MHS there's pretty much no other reason to run out and get parts from someone else. Between what there is to offer in the store and what Tim and his people can do the sky's the limit, but the imagination is not ;)
However, there is one among us on these forums who builds wicked hilts. I just picked up one, I could not be happier. IF you are looking for a good quality saber, with the ability to be modded. Go check out GCS, seriously can not put my Ascend down ;)
And yes... that was a shameless plug, and some advice (like I should give it:D) for a new builder.
Don't hate me FJK :p

Miraluka
06-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Resisting the urge to bash saberforge... struggling to resist the urge to bash saberforge......

sgcdialler
06-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Instead of sinking to the level of brand-bashing, how about we talk about all the cool things we can do with TCSS parts instead?

Miraluka
06-03-2015, 12:35 AM
Instead of sinking to the level of brand-bashing, how about we talk about all the cool things we can do with TCSS parts instead?

Like how you can take them apart and upgrade them... I bought a used SF hilt to upgrade and They pretty much glue everything together, apparently. The hilt pieces, the switches, the LED module were all glued together... the soundboard and battery were glued/electrical taped in place. What a pain.

So... cool things like how you have nearly limitless options to make whatever you want (providing you have the tools/equipment)

Or how you can have lots of parts customized by Tim if you don't have the means to do it yourself.

Or how long the threads in hilt pieces are nice & long, so you know they won't break and come apart.

All the options for switches and switch boxes. Including tactile switches!

The fact that you can add a recharge port with kill key to your hilt for about $8, whereas other companies can charge $132. I mean... wow.

All the powder coating colors and options that other saber companies don't offer.

The forums/community willing to help everyone.

The option to have colored "day blades."

The awesome thumb screws Tim sells. I love them. The colored ones and the item# 83238WTS ones. Love them both. Look great, work great.

The list can go on and on. I actually really want to get off work and go home to work on my current project. =]

Saber Rake
06-03-2015, 06:23 AM
Resisting the urge to bash saberforge... struggling to resist the urge to bash saberforge......

Is it really that bad? I'm not doing the research for myself on this one, but a friend of mine is trying to find a better brand than Ultra, because his blade broke and his brother's hilt had resistor issues, and he wants a saberpike. He thought that maybe SF would have btter quality, am I wrong about this?

Jay-gon Jinn
06-03-2015, 08:55 AM
We do not discuss Tim's competition on this forum, especially Ultrasabers and SaberForge, so please refrain from doing so.

Saber Rake
06-03-2015, 09:14 AM
We do not discuss Tim's competition on this forum, especially Ultrasabers and SaberForge, so please refrain from doing so.

Sorry, I was trying to figure out if I could use parts from here to upgrade those sabers.

Jay-gon Jinn
06-03-2015, 11:30 AM
TCSS MHS parts are designed to work with other MHS parts from TCSS. The hilt pieces will not fit saber forge hilts. The only things you'll be able to use are the switches and the electronics. Chassis parts may fit, but there are no guarantees.

Saber Rake
06-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Alright, thank you, how would you suggest building a lightsaber pike?

Taki117
06-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Alright, thank you, how would you suggest building a lightsaber pike?

With long sections and adaptors.

I knocked this up in the builder to give you an idea.

TheSilverDark
06-07-2015, 03:01 PM
If you aren't too picky, I'd go with PVC hilt/staff segment and find way to adapt it to MHS (I think there was a method but I can't seem to remember it...) you can buy 10' ft of PVC for like $3. But if you can' tad apt or just want a super awesome metal pike go with the long extensions.