PDA

View Full Version : Lime/Lime/Neutral White Rebel Tri-Star resistors

NewbieSaberGuy
06-01-2015, 08:52 PM
I will be running a nano biscotti v2 with power extender for FoC with the TCSS Panasonic 18650 3400mAh battery. Just wondering what resistors I should use for the LED's. The white LED is to be wired for the flash while the two lime LED's are going to be wired in parallel for the blade color.

Star Bird
06-01-2015, 09:05 PM
I don't know what resistor, but the MUR410G diode will work. Ive used them for the lime LEDs in a very similar setup.

NewbieSaberGuy
06-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Thanks! Should I just leave the white alone?

Star Bird
06-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Thanks! Should I just leave the white alone?

The white needs 3.25V right? that could be a 1ohm 2 watt resistor, or you could you that same diode.
You could also use the 1ohm 2watt resistor for the limes, but I believe the MUR410G diode gives the Lime (and probably white) more power while still being safe.

Miraluka
06-03-2015, 12:40 AM
I use 1ohm 2W in my lime rebel saber. Even though they're not always perfect, I always keep plenty of those resistors around, I use them often.

NewbieSaberGuy
06-03-2015, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the options guys! I'll just have to try them both and see which works best for me!

Star Bird
06-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the options guys! I'll just have to try them both and see which works best for me!

Id be curious if it made a noticeable difference. If you do try both post pictures :smile:

NewbieSaberGuy
06-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Just out of curiosity, if I were to upgrade to the petit crouton and a 7.4v 18650 battery what would I use?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-04-2015, 03:48 PM
It depends on how you wire things. If you wire the Limes in serial, and attach them to the main channel, you wouldn't need a resistor at all.

NewbieSaberGuy
06-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Oh rad, does wiring them in serial make them any less bright?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-04-2015, 04:58 PM

No, it doesn't.

Star Bird
06-05-2015, 09:11 PM

Thats what I want to know. I heard on another forum from a saber smith that wiring parallel with a PC and 7.4volt gave it longer runtime and made it brighter.

I wondering if it would be brighter to wire in series and overdrive them, or just wire in parallel with that setup.

Taki117
06-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Thats what I want to know. I heard on another forum from a saber smith that wiring parallel with a PC and 7.4volt gave it longer runtime and made it brighter.

I wondering if it would be brighter to wire in series and overdrive them, or just wire in parallel with that setup.

If you wire them in series there's no need to overdrive since they both share the same current, One gets less voltage than the other, but I don't believe that would change the brightness of the LED. With parallel the current is divided, so you would have to push twice the current to them, which would shorten runtime.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-06-2015, 11:08 AM

Wiring in parallel will shorten, not lengthen the runtime. You could better overdrive them in series, though I wouldn't push THAT too much either. I know who gave you that information, and IF there is a difference, it would be extremely slight.

Star Bird
06-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Wiring in parallel will shorten, not lengthen the runtime. You could better overdrive them in series, though I wouldn't push THAT too much either. I know who gave you that information, and IF there is a difference, it would be extremely slight.

Good to know! Thanks FJK