PDA

View Full Version : Best speaker for use with Crystal Focus v7.5?

Zahc Zi Phan
05-21-2015, 12:58 PM
Hey all! Very simple question. Out of the speakers sold in the store, which would you recommend for the Crystal Focus v7.5?? I have the 2w 28mm Bass speaker on my PC 2.0, and it is awesome, but I have heard that some people prefer the regular premium speaker for different reasons. I want to fully take advantage of the amazing sound quality that the CF is capable of. Which speaker I get will also dictate my chassis design and the size of my resonance chamber.

Please chime in with your thoughts!!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-21-2015, 01:20 PM
It all depends - mostly on you. The bass speaker obviously is better with deeper sounds, and many think the premium is better for all around sound.

Machinimax
05-21-2015, 07:09 PM
I've tried both speakers with the CF 7 and in my opinion the premium speaker is the way to go.

Zahc Zi Phan
05-21-2015, 07:20 PM
I totally get what you mean FJK. I love that bass speaker, just wondering what everyone else thinks.

Machinimax, care to elaborate? Is it a crisper sound quality than the bass speaker? Friendlier for a wider range of fonts? I will have 12 on my CF, and I know some would sound awesome with bass, but I am wondering if the premium would be better for overall clarity and sound production. Is it nearly as loud as the bass speaker?

Twigz
05-22-2015, 02:38 AM
I love the bass speaker for hums and the general rumble in a font, though the premium speaker really seems to pick up the volume and the sharp noises that a saber would emit.

Machinimax
05-22-2015, 03:08 AM
I totally get what you mean FJK. I love that bass speaker, just wondering what everyone else thinks.

Machinimax, care to elaborate? Is it a crisper sound quality than the bass speaker? Friendlier for a wider range of fonts? I will have 12 on my CF, and I know some would sound awesome with bass, but I am wondering if the premium would be better for overall clarity and sound production. Is it nearly as loud as the bass speaker?

I believe it is actually louder than the bass. You actually described it nicely, it is a crisper sound quality. While it doesn't have that extra kick that the bass speaker provides, it provides its own uniqueness with its sound quality.