PDA

View Full Version : New Year - New Projects

Jonitus
12-10-2006, 11:34 AM
This is kind of a strange topic, hence why it lives in Misc.

I'm nearly done with the projects concerning sabers I had for 2006, and now I'm kind of sketching and scheming and planning work for 2007. Maybe we can compare lists and see what everyone's docket looks like?

I'm going to be building another pair of sabers for me and GF. She wants an Anakin ROTS saber, and I love Luke's from ANH. Mine is going to be built from a Graflex flashgun and Tim's parts. Hers, on the other hand, I am not sure whether I just want to do a MR conversion or build it from scratch (which is not much of a problem since I can Dremel Graflex tubes like a mofo. I found some 1.5" 0.065 wall stainless steel tubing, which would be perfect for the MR Anakin conversion kit sold here to mate with. The other problem is...3W, K2? What would you all recommend?

Next up is a "pair" of Ob-Wan sabers. One will be from ROTS/ANH, and the other will be from TPM/ATOC. Both of these sabers are most likely going to end up on eBay after they are built. Gotta finance the hobby somehow, right?

Finally, I have a 1.5" brass sink tube that is not chrome plated. It's raw brass, 20 gauge. I'm playing around with some ideas of what to do. I'm toying with the idea of a polished brass body making up a cool Vader ANH saber, but I dunno yet.

What do you all have on tap for 2007?

What
12-10-2006, 11:50 AM
A MHS, 17.15" hilt with a Lux V Green Saber and Maybe a Smaller 1 handed, not so specific saber...... mostlikely a Red lux3, MHS saber..... 8)

Ryma Mara
12-10-2006, 12:21 PM
I got to finish my first one, the sink tube designing is driving me up the wall.

Every time I get an idea I scrap it.

But when I do start a new saber Its gonna be a combo of 3 sabers.

First off Iam gonna start with a graflex luke anh with obi anh ribbed vgrove with luke rotj switch box and pomel, and finish it off with a ani rots clamp and midsection.

It may look goofie but in my head I think it would look sweet.

I just need to finish an idea for a sinktube design.

987654321a
12-10-2006, 12:36 PM
just ordered parts to finish up my old el lightsaber. some of you guys might remember this from like when i first registered here 10 months ago.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/hydralics51/DSC00620.jpg

Firebird21
12-10-2006, 12:46 PM
I plan on finnishing up my Luke project and then I'll probably look into the Obi-Wan since Tim now has that new Ribbed section.

xwingband
12-10-2006, 12:56 PM
lol, I was just doing this to make sure I knew them all. For the month of Winter break I have:

-Clear Saber: Finish soldering the danged thing
-Ani ROTS Conversion: Relay for White K2
-Silver Cameleon: Cousin to Gelu's Golden version, RGB Goodness
-Graflex: Vintage flash with a few twists and electronics inside to be revealed :wink:
-Sound Upgrade to my Dark Initiate V2: best cheapie saber get better.
-"Padawan" K2: Smallest MHS with K2, sound possible
-Hasbro E11 Upgrade: Lux I in barrel with Corbin's film, sound amp powered by rechargable li-ions, solenoid for some kick 8)

Long term I have (not the next month):
-Firmitas: a custom saber of copper and brass, I need a huge part of it machined... I have no clue who/when that will get done.
-Styrene Bladerunner inspired saber: You read it, I need heatsink and aluminum for blade holder but the styrene will be tedious to cut so that's

EDIT:
I'd like to mess with getting some Lux I PVC beaters like the initiate. If I can keep them rather cheap I might sell them. I also have 2 MR boards and a Corbin board not accounted for in the above projects... much to ponder.

I also bought ryanlb's Sidious. I'll have to see what I can do with that one when I get it. If I can't light it up I have two of Randomsabers' acrylic blades coming to use.

Lord Maul
12-10-2006, 01:06 PM
i got my sweet mhs to build. if ya wnat details then just go to my thread about it

Ryma Mara
12-11-2006, 09:31 AM
I hope to turn this into a reality.

<mspaint skiills blow>
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1553/saberideawithemitter1anku1.png (http://imageshack.us)
</mspaint skiills blow>

james3
12-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Glad you brought this up Jonitus.

Well, my plan was to do a few EU hilts and finally get around to the two staffs that I want to do which will have some Buttered Toast up in there.

Pretty much the normal deal untill...

Santa came early!
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/MyDengarArmor002.jpg

I know there are a few of y'all scratching your heads but don't worry, I will post progress pics in the costuming section so that y'all can see it come to life.

xwingband
12-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Cool, clonetrooper kit. :D

james3
12-11-2006, 01:18 PM

great guess, but, nope :twisted:

Firebird21
12-11-2006, 02:44 PM
C3PO...

I don't think you'll fit in it though.... sorry. :wink:

Lord Maul
12-11-2006, 03:33 PM
what about stormtrooper?

WeirdoTransvestite
12-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Dengar. God knows why you want to be a character with less than 5 seconds on screen.

Madcow
12-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Well...
I'm moving to Edmonton Alberta Canada (pretty much like Hoth this time o' year).
Once I set up shop in my basement I will be doing a Green K2 Qui-Gon replica. Probably without sound.

MC

Lord Maul
12-11-2006, 03:48 PM
and then ya need to make the costume to go with it MC :D

Do-Clo
12-11-2006, 03:55 PM
1) Build a new darth vader ESB saber to replace mine that I sold, this one will be built from scratch as much as possible. 8)

2) Build a new sith saber for myself, no design yet :?

3) Would like to build a count dooku saber, and make it as close to correct as possible, this one will be a pain. :shock:

4) Build lots of sabers to be sold :D

vortextwist
12-11-2006, 05:27 PM

how about this

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/snowtroopers/img/movie_bg.jpg

Lord Maul
12-11-2006, 05:30 PM
what, you mean a snowtrooper? i don't think that armor is shaped right for one, but i could be wrong

vortextwist
12-11-2006, 05:32 PM
i was looking at the breat plate. It is awfully similar. Maybe a diff trooper but the breast plate has me thinkin it is, but could be wrong.

Tenric Starkindler
12-11-2006, 05:46 PM
i was looking at the breat plate. It is awfully similar. Maybe a diff trooper but the breast plate has me thinkin it is, but could be wrong.

looks a bit like a Biker-Scout to me.....kinda.

WeirdoTransvestite
12-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Dengar.

Guys, read more. It even says on the Picture properties.

vortextwist
12-11-2006, 06:21 PM
jesh why didn't I think of that. :twisted: Must be my ADD. :oops:

james3
12-11-2006, 07:10 PM
A cookie for WT! Even if he did cheat! :P

Vortex well done, Dengar's armor was a mix of Snowtrooper, Sandtrooper, Stormtrooper.....you get the idea.

Jester, good one. Yeah, I don't think I qualify for that costume at all! :P

http://www.redrival.com/bounty/dengar01t.jpg

He did at least make it in to TWO movies. That's huge for background characters.

WeirdoTransvestite
12-11-2006, 07:21 PM
A cookie for WT! Even if he did cheat! :P

I prefer to call it: "Using all resources available to me"

Ryma Mara
12-12-2006, 03:50 AM
I am watcing EP 3 now and when grevis enters the comand deck theres to droid fellows following him, to mae the look like droid versions of Dengar.

Do-Clo
12-12-2006, 09:02 AM
James will you be able to join the 501st with your new armor set?

xwingband
12-13-2006, 01:10 PM
I know... not quite 2007, but since I will more than likely be too busy to get anything done when the new semester starts. So this counts. :P

Yesterday I did the Ani convertion with White K2 and relay. I may have to revisit that when the flashing is figured out...

Today I modded my Dark Initiate V2 (curved hilt) to add sound. Had to make a battery pack from 123's and tap it for 3V but that went off well. I can firmly say I have the neatest "kid" saber around. :D

I also thought of another idea that's long term. I have a Darth Maul Hasbro board. Kind of useless I thought... It doesn't really have anything except a clash sound and the strobe. I'm going to do something similar to Chaos' pronged saber and have the strobe light up a muzzle. So it'll flash with each clash! :)

Do-Clo
12-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Xwing try putting a 25 mfd capactior across the coil of your relay it might stop the flashing problem.

james3
12-13-2006, 07:26 PM
James will you be able to join the 501st with your new armor set?

Yeah, I have a lot of work and I still need to get all the soft parts and such but when I am done it will my entry to the 501st :D