PDA

View Full Version : 2005 MR Darth Vader Lightsaber replacement blade?

trippy86
05-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Hi guys

i recently purchased a 2005 MR Darth Vader Lightsaber which was practically brand new. I discovered it had a crack inside the blade and i would to change the blade, but im totally new to this.

Can someone point me to where i can get the correct blade replacement

many thanks

jay

Stefblade
11-19-2015, 03:19 PM
I have exactly the same question...I own a MR vader saber (2005) and the original blade has yellowed with time...

I really don't want to lose the "blade extending and retracting" effect. The LEDs in my blade are fully working.

So, I only want to change the blade, and nothing else. I want to keep the original electronics. I want the light up blade to look as close to the MR original as possible (brightness, light diffusion).

Is there any blade that would suit my needs?

Cire Yeldarb
11-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Best way would be to make your own to meet your specifications... Use a length of Polycarbonate Blade Stock (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/1-OD-Thin-Walled--C90.aspx), diffuse with either the diffuser inside the existing blades, the TCSS diffuser tube, or some wrap and there you go. Insert your LED string and you're done

Edit: Oh, and add a blade tip, forgot about that

Saber Rake
11-21-2015, 09:45 PM
A thin walled Polycarbonate tube should work well, it will actually be more sturdy, to make it even more so, wrap the LED strings in some thin foam, it will help diffuse it and keep the effect, as well as padding the LEDs.