PDA

View Full Version : LED battery question

minamus
04-20-2015, 02:31 PM
I built the electronics today and finally got everything working but i had to make changes due to a math problem on my part. I decided to run 2 AA batteries instead of a 3.7v and a dummy cell and it wouldnt run at all so i got smart and took the resistors off the blade led wire and that works now. So my question is if the batteries are only putting out 3v and the led has a forward voltage of 3.2v do i need a reistor? also the switch led turns on with a reistor currently on the wire so i guess i shouldnt mess with that but it's a 3.3v forward voltage. I have no idea what i'm doing but all i know is that it turns on now.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-20-2015, 02:33 PM
For the main LED, no, because the Vf of the Led is less than the battery. However, you will just eat through AA batteries. Leave the AV LED alone.

minamus
04-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Thank you and i dont know how this got put in the blade discussion but ok. i figured i would only get 2hrs total from AA's lol maybe less

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Thank you and i dont know how this got put in the blade discussion but ok. i figured i would only get 2hrs total from AA's lol maybe less

I would go with less, a lot less.