PDA

View Full Version : Wiring check

Arosc Sanro
04-20-2015, 10:01 AM
Hi all
I'm posting what will hopefully be a working diagram of my light saber - The requirements are FoC to white (Already modified due to earlier advice :)) swing sounds and a lit power button...

My parts list is:
Electronics
Nano V2 soundboard
Green/Green/White Cree XP-E2 CopperNova
Star thermal tape pad Star thermal tape pad
18deg Tri-Rebel/Cree Star Lens
Cree XP-E2/XP-L Lens Holder
Premium speaker
MHS speaker mount V6 - For 28mm Speakers MHS speaker mount V6 - For 28mm Speakers
NB V2 MWS Header and Wiring Harness N
18650 Single Cell Holder
16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Green Ring Switch 16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Green Ring Switch
DynaOhm
1Ohm 2W resistors

UK Sourced power supply - I'm sure I can get them over here (Not sure on shipping rules)
TrustFire Protected 3.7V 2400mAh 18650 Lithium Battery (2-pack)
TrustFire TR-001 All-in-One Charger

Misc
9" Electronics shield for 1.25" ID tubes 9" Electronics shield for 1.25" ID tubes
26 gauge wire (sold by the foot) Various colours...
1/16" Heatshrink tubing 1/16" Heatshrink tubing
1/8" Adhesive lined heatshrink tubing 1/8" Adhesive lined heatshrink tubing
3/16" Heatshrink tubing 3/16" Heatshrink tubing

My diagram is: http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/aroscsanro/saberelec_zpsp2su6lvc.png (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/aroscsanro/media/saberelec_zpsp2su6lvc.png.html)

My only question so far is... Because I am not going down the recharge route and have no kill key, how will my AV green ring switch LED work? Will it stay on as long as there are batteries in or will it just come on when pressed?

Regards
Rob

Silver Serpent
04-20-2015, 11:05 AM
You are missing the connection from the battery Negative to the Negative pad on the board.

With your wiring for the switch LED, the green ring will remain on all the time, except when the board goes into "Deep Sleep" mode.

Arosc Sanro
04-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Brilliant!

I've just checked out the bottom of the manual for the "Deep sleep" section - I skipped it thinking it was applicable to me... Lesson learned :D
Also, the way the switch it wired is just what I want - Illumination on power-up.
Thanks for pointing out the negative issue - I checked Pg9 and see where I overlooked it :)

I consulted a few others diagrams and the manual to draw this... Once I've made the negative to negative missing connection, do you think i'm ok to proceed and order? (When in stock of course?)
Regards
Rob

Silver Serpent
04-20-2015, 11:18 AM
I see no other issues.