PDA

View Full Version : blade holder ? and more

vortextwist
12-08-2006, 08:12 PM
how many cut outs are in the blade holder syle 4?
What is the size of the MR board and what size of battery holder do I need for the MR?
I'm trying to get away with using as little of a hilt section as possible. this was my idea:
Pommel/ ?" center/ V-groove/ 2.5 ext/ V-groove/ blade holder style 4 and mhs claws mounted at the end pointing towards pommel. lmk what ya think and what complications might arise.

Lord Maul
12-08-2006, 09:45 PM
blade holder #4 has 4 slots in it i believe

the MR sound card is a hair over 2 inches and you would be best off using 3 AAs like they do with the stock sabers

987654321a
12-08-2006, 09:51 PM
4 slots is true

xwingband
12-09-2006, 12:24 AM
how many cut outs are in the blade holder syle 4?

Four is correct.

What is the size of the MR board and what size of battery holder do I need for the MR?

about 1" x 1.5"... for batteries you've been here enough to know to look for that. It's not like that's an obscure question.

I'm trying to get away with using as little of a hilt section as possible. this was my idea:
Pommel/ ?" center/ V-groove/ 2.5 ext/ V-groove/ blade holder style 4 and mhs claws mounted at the end pointing towards pommel. lmk what ya think and what complications might arise.

Little... of a hilt section... I'm not getting this. That'd be a long hilt. Pommel- .75", Double female- 3", V grooved- 3.7", 2.5" extension, 2" blade holder... add it up. It'd work though.

vortextwist
12-09-2006, 10:02 AM
I guess I was thinkin of corbins board when I asked about the batteries, even though I knew all the MR stuff fits in the MHS. When I said smallest hilt I meant to say center section.(sorry about that) I was just worried that having 2 ribbed sections, there wasn't goin to be enough clearance for the electronics. (becouse the id of the ribbed sections is smaller). I did add it up, It would be about 15" depending on how long I need the peice between the ribbed section and pommel.

jjshumpert
12-09-2006, 10:10 AM
the mr board will fit in the ribbed section with no problems, corbins board has to be sanded to fit in most of the mhs parts, remember too that with the mr you can run either a k2 or 3w direct off the module or run a secondary to the led and get it to optimum... xwing and james can give you two different methods of wiring a direct flow if ya ask nice

vortextwist
12-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks and I will ask nice :wink:

jjshumpert
12-09-2006, 10:18 AM
no problem vortex, happy to help any way i can! wow its nice to see new forum members with manners, thats a very welcome change from the past few weeks, now if we could just teach some of our new members some respect and courtesy... oh how nice that would be

vortextwist
12-09-2006, 10:31 AM
ya I will tell him he needs to calm down and shut up.

jjshumpert
12-09-2006, 12:10 PM
well i wont mention names, or imply that anyone shut up, i would just hope that everyone could be respectful to one another and do their best to get along...

after all this is an internet forum, not an impromptu battle ground!

vortextwist
12-09-2006, 12:14 PM
well he does need to calm down.

now another question. with irv's new board and corbins board, they will fit into the ribbed section of the mhs? With those 2 systems, how many volts are irv's gonna need. Just trying to cover my bases in case I decide to go with a diff system.

jjshumpert
12-09-2006, 12:21 PM
well if erv's board is an option for you imo it would be your best option going and will fit in the ribbed section with no problem, but your gonna want to have the module and sensors as close to your pommel as possible for optimum sensitivity

your voltages are going to depend on your led setup, so a good idea would be to get in touch with erv and discuss with him where you would want to go with this project, since he's the only one who can tell you exactly what his board is capable of running with the various led's

mmm... just thinkin bout all that buttery toast goodness makes my mouth water, thank goodness the wait is almost over till a production model is available stateside

xwingband
12-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Erv's should fit in a ribbed section. His board would need 4.8V and above. Like most his is a step down driver so it needs a little above that of the LED to work well. I'd personally use a 7.2V li-ion pack. They are great for holding their charge.

Corbin's will not fit. His can go in a "normal" section with some sanding. At 15 inches you won't have too much of a problem with space. Definitely a two handed saber there.

vortextwist
12-09-2006, 01:11 PM
At 15 inches you won't have too much of a problem with space. Definitely a two handed saber there.
yep, I got the idea from when I was in RBWI (Robert Bussey's Warrior International) and our swords had a long handle with a blade just over what the handle was. 15" handle and 21" Katana style blade.

Ryma Mara
12-09-2006, 09:52 PM
At 15 inches you won't have too much of a problem with space. Definitely a two handed saber there.
yep, I got the idea from when I was in RBWI (Robert Bussey's Warrior International) and our swords had a long handle with a blade just over what the handle was. 15" handle and 21" Katana style blade.

RBWI 4 Life.

to bad the guy thats running it now is a panzy,

Ryma Mara
12-13-2006, 03:04 AM
With blade holder style 6 is there 3 ports or 4? to me i tlooks like it would have 3.

Please say it does have 3.

Jedi-Loreen
12-13-2006, 02:59 PM
With blade holder style 6 is there 3 ports or 4? to me i tlooks like it would have 3.

Please say it does have 3.

I think it's also four, like with blade holder #4.

Ryma Mara
12-13-2006, 10:34 PM
shoot, that might complicate things. thanks