PDA

View Full Version : LED only Working on Clash

Ewok
04-18-2015, 08:15 AM
Hey everyone, newbie here. Just built my first saber with sound using the Petit Crouton board. Had everything hooked up and soldered nicely and thought i wouldn't have a problem. The sound works brilliantly, but the LED doesn't work unless you clash it with something. So the LED isn't fried because it works at those certain times, and its no because of a loose wire either. any suggestions?? Using Rebel star led.
Also, using a 16mm av latching led switch which isn't lighting at all. Probably got that wiring wrong there, some diagrams would be good if anyone has any. But again, switch is working because it turns on with the sound.
Cant upload any pics right now but will try to when i can. Think the problems with the switch more than anything any would really appreciate some diagrams for that. Thanks

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the Forums.

It sounds like you have a configuration problem. You need to disable the LED configurations in the override file.

The manual has wiring diagrams for the PC and there is a section around here somewhere where I posted a couple of wiring diagrams for the PC. It's in Sound -> Petit Crouton.

Ewok
04-18-2015, 05:59 PM
Looked through the manual and forms and still seem to be lost. Tried uploading some pics but apparently they're too large. I've just used a the simple configuration on the PC with the 2 wires from each piece (speaker, batteries, switch and led) to where they're supposed yo be according to diagrams. I have the latching switch wired to the ports labelled Ant(+) and Gnd(-). I'm only using the one switch and wondering if i'm supposed to use an auxiliary switch with it.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Usually, we do use 2 switches. However, as I said earlier, your problem is likely within your configuration files on the SD card.

Silver Serpent
04-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Indeed. Go to the override.txt file and delete all the "color" and "fcolor" lines after the "## Color profiles" section. It should start working normally after that.

Ewok
05-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Thanks a tonne, finally got it working. Love my lightsaber. But just one little thing, the led doesn't seem responsive to clashes and swings, is there some sort of programming that i beed to put back into the override.txt file? (Such as the files i just deleted)

Noyl Wendor
05-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Thanks a tonne, finally got it working. Love my lightsaber. But just one little thing, the led doesn't seem responsive to clashes and swings, is there some sort of programming that i beed to put back into the override.txt file? (Such as the files i just deleted)
:D I just got done with this myself. All I can really say is to go back and read through the manual page 17-21. If you are having trouble look into tweeking some of the parameters in the "override" file.
And, Keep a copy of the files before you tweak or delete anything, very helpful.
this may help as well
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?17899-I-think-my-PC-3-5-is-not-right
Like I said I had the same issue. Just do another read through, this board is a tad different than the PC 2 for its set up.