PDA

View Full Version : Wiring check please :)

minamus
04-17-2015, 01:32 PM
I removed this due to reasons

minamus
04-17-2015, 01:36 PM
ok it still made it small i hope everyone can see the board right? dang posting thing.

Silver Serpent
04-17-2015, 01:52 PM
We don't discuss products from that particular vendor here. You should post this request on their forums.

minamus
04-17-2015, 02:42 PM
K... i asked their and their mod locked it due to refitting it for a custom saber shop hilt. i guess ill just try it and hoepfully not burn it out :(

minamus
04-17-2015, 02:44 PM
just a question but why is it ok to talk about soundboard ripped from hasbro and toysabers but not ok with ripping it from an ultrasaber to use in a better hilt system? i would have bought the NB dont get me wrong but this was sitting around and i dont like the ultrasaber hilts because there's no ability to do anything fun with them.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-17-2015, 03:19 PM
just a question but why is it ok to talk about soundboard ripped from hasbro and toysabers but not ok with ripping it from an ultrasaber to use in a better hilt system? i would have bought the NB dont get me wrong but this was sitting around and i dont like the ultrasaber hilts because there's no ability to do anything fun with them.

There are a couple of particular companies that are not discussed here on this forum. You happened to mention one of the "magic" ones. That post was removed the first time you posted it, and it will probably be removed again, as it is something that is not sold here. Most people here do NOT have experience with those products, so I doubt anyone here would be able to help you out.

They should have helped you because it is THEIR board, but their actions don't surprise me.

minamus
04-17-2015, 03:27 PM
i guess just remove it but if i burn it out i blame it on both forums at this point because both are too proud to answer a simpler question lol. i'm scared that splitting the wire there is going to cut my power or something. either way i tried for help and noone responded with anything other than you cant post that here. next time ill be sure to machine my own stuff at an outside machine shop for my next saber build. to me this was unnecessary for a simple question. i know the board and i only wanted to know about the switch wire locations and the wire splitting concern.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-17-2015, 03:39 PM
It's not a question about pride here. The soundboard in question is something we don't have experience with, anyone here who knows better wouldn't deal with it. You are using their (US's) board, and their diagram information. We have no idea if it is correct or not. I would hope it is, but I wouldn't stake MY reputation on it.

This is attached to a DIY shop, and we sell stuff that WE know works, and we know how to make it work. It's as simple as that.

minamus
04-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Simple question then. can i split a positive wire without problem from battery to led and switch.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Simple question then. can i split a positive wire without problem from battery to led and switch.

If by "switch" you mean the switch LED, yes, as long as you put the proper resistor on each wire (leading to main LED and the on leading to the LED in the switch. That part of the diagram was fine.

minamus
04-17-2015, 03:59 PM
thank you. you can delete the thread now if you like.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-17-2015, 04:16 PM
The one thing in that diagram I do question is the way the "switch" part is wired up. That does not seem normal to me.

minamus
04-17-2015, 04:34 PM
what do you mean by that? actually now i'm confused on how to wire it because the other post i made has pictures of what it looks like after i ripped it out. i'll look in their forums and hopefully find an answer and if i find something when i get home ill send you a pm so you have it for future reference.

minamus
04-17-2015, 04:38 PM
do you happen to have a diagram on how to wire a momentary to any of the other boards here?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-17-2015, 04:39 PM
I am referring to the yellow "lines" that you have in that diagram. You have the LED part of the switch wired up properly, but the "Switch" part doesn't seem like it would work (for me). Maybe you should look around and ask them BUT not mention anything except you want to use an AV switch (the one shown in the diagram is latching) with their board.

minamus
04-17-2015, 04:56 PM
thats one thing i didnt understand because the sabers they sell and the saber i pulled it from is just a normal momentary without and led but they only diagram the latching so i just guessed on it for the sake of guessing. since it already had a lot of length left in the wires i pulle out im just going to add to those and put them on the switch. So lets say you used a mom switch on any board in the store without an led. now you add an led where would you put those 2 wires? like a conversion from non-led to led same style of switch. Other problem is why do i see people bridge the no1 to led+ in other diagrams? what is the reasoning for this?

Silver Serpent
04-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Other problem is why do i see people bridge the no1 to led+ in other diagrams? what is the reasoning for this?

Typically that is done in stunt (soundless) builds and latching switches. Wiring in this manner will link the switch LED to the switch mechanism itself, so that the switch turns on the LED inside when pressed. With some of the more advanced boards, like the Petit Crouton, you can connect the switch LED in various other ways, making it programmable, act as a power indicator LED, blinking effects, etc.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Again, you are asking about a product we know next to nothing about.

minamus
04-17-2015, 05:17 PM
i meant if you were wiring a NB from non-led mom to a led mom what would you change. i might just order it since it's in stock.

minamus
04-17-2015, 05:28 PM
i just found the answer on google lol. no1 goes to btn on board c1 goes to grnd on board and led is already set up in diagram. i hate this board im ordering a petit when i get paid.