PDA

View Full Version : Blade Brightness Redesign

Skiffer
04-16-2015, 03:41 PM
Hey guys!

Skiffer here and I have once again redesigned my saber and I have some inquiries for you. After frying 2 NB i decided to go a cheaper route and purchase and econo hasbro soundboard and remove its LED and replace it with properly resisted leads to a LUXEON REBEL Deep red LED, and hooked up to a 4 AAA battery holder in order to accommodate the saber?s ?one handed? style body (much like sidious? style). Upon activating the saber, I noticed it was a bit brighter than the hasbro LED, but still painfully dim, even in the dark. Im using a white polycarbonate blade and i have tried 2 different resistors and hooking it up to a Li on battery from my initial purchase??and still nothing. Any thoughts?

P.S. Really liking the shoto font and am considering it for my curved saber build when I have the funds for it. Can the sound font program and files be downloaded on a Macbook computer or would you recommend a pc?

Thanks Again

BZWingZero
04-16-2015, 03:57 PM
Are you using the hasbro econo board to directly power the Luxeon, or are you going through a transistor and running the LED directly from the battery?

Some wiring pics would be helpful.

Wiring Guide for Hasbro board (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10288-2010-Electronic-Lightsaber-w-DVD-Tutorial).

Skiffer
04-16-2015, 09:03 PM
directly from the board

Silver Serpent
04-17-2015, 05:08 AM
You'll need to use the transistor method shown in the link from BZWingZero. Those boards don't put out enough current to properly power a high powered LED.