PDA

View Full Version : Resonators

elrond.406
12-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on how well resonators word compared to hasbro & FX boards? I am starting on my second saber soon and resonators seem a much less expensive approach to sab sound.

darthdan
12-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Sorry I thought you were asking about compatibility with F/X and Hasbro... but yeah they don't really make much sound, and Corbin said that if left on all the time it would kill your battery life.

JediMcD
12-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Resonators aren't really used to produce saber sound. They are just there to give your saber that tactile feel of vibrating. The very small amount of sound that you might could get them to produce if you put them in just the right position would never replace a speaker and soundboard. Most people don't even wire them up to vibrate all of the time. Most times the resonator only kicks in when you hit the blade clash and lockup button or on ignition which are both possible with Corbin's board. I hope that helps with your question.

GFORCE13
06-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Well I have been using a Resonator in my Led Saber for over a year and I really like the effect espcially since I hooked it up to the Hasbro Lamp out and on extend/retract it feels reacts as well on clash and if you clamp/rivet it to the Hilt tube you would be amazed how loud the vibrations can be.