PDA

View Full Version : Blade Light very Dim

Roaoon
04-09-2015, 07:17 AM
First off I did look around for this problem and didn't see it. Either it's not there or I just didn't use search words that worked.

My Primary Blade colour (RED) is dimmer than it should be, maybe 50-75% brightness in my opinion.

If I wire the Reds into the FoC side, they are really bright (Perfect)

Because the REDs are wired in parallell and are 700mA each I cranked the output in the R.I.C.E. program to 1400mA for that di channel.

I'm using/My config;
Petit Crouton v3
Luxeon Tri-Rebel (Red/Red/White)
REDS WIRED IN PARALLEL as Main colour.
White wired in with Resistor for FoC (By the way is very bright, just perfect)
7.4V Battery pack (750mA)

Help me CSS community, you're my only hope.

Silver Serpent
04-09-2015, 07:40 AM
1400 mA should get them plenty bright. You could also try wiring the reds in series. Since you're using a PCv3 and 7.4v pack, you'll have plenty of voltage to run them in that configuration, and you'll get a longer runtime on your battery charge. Don't forget to turn the current back down afterwards.

Also, check your override.txt file for the color profiles. They may be turning down your current settings.

Roaoon
04-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Okay, Ill try that. I did actually wire them in series when this failed before then went back to parallel but, as you mentioned to look at, there may have been an issue with the Override file settings. I will test this and update.
Thanks You!

Madcow
04-10-2015, 09:13 AM
If you are not using an RGB LED, make sure you delete everything under the line;

## Color profiles

in the override file.

Your LED will then respond to whatever settings are in the config files.

Roaoon
04-10-2015, 06:41 PM
The results of connecting the 2 RED LEDs in series have yielded the same results, of course I did ensure I set the mA to 700 first.
My override file contains no "##color profiles" line as shown below. I also included my config file as well just in case. I have been messing with it trying to make things works right.
It lights up amazing ly if I connect them to the FoC leads but if I do that I can't bring my white LED into things for the FoC effect.

## Override File
vol=1
beep=6
valsnd=1
switch=0
offp=0
offd=0
lc=400
hs=220
ls=60
i=55
swing=200
clash=150
lockup=150

//Sound Font Comment
led1=697
led2=0
led3=0
fled1=697
fled2=43
fled3=0
focmix=111
resume=0
shmrd=69
shmrp=2
shmrr=5
shmr%=5,13
focd=240
focp=6
focr=13
foc%=20,30
qon=0
qoff=0
flks=3
flkd=20
idlepulsing=1
idleled=0

Jay-gon Jinn
04-10-2015, 07:08 PM
This may sound like a dumb question, but are you absolutely certain you have the leds wired to the correct pad on the board?

Roaoon
04-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Hi Jay-gon,
I have wired my solid colours wires to the positive(+) on the LED's and on the Petit Crouton3. My striped wires are on the negatives(-). I had to do some emergency work this weekend but as soon as I get home, I will double check if this may be wrong and confirm hopefully within a couple hours. Sometimes the obvious can be the issue so I won't dismiss it without verifying again.
Thanks

Roaoon
04-11-2015, 01:00 PM
So I verified and yes, my Positive(+) on the board is going to the (+) on the Tri-Rebel lead then I jumped the (-)(+) between the 2 Red LED's and connected the (-) back to the (-) on the board.