PDA

View Full Version : Pre built stuff

minamus
04-07-2015, 12:45 PM
So i want to order a new saber from here and last time i did there was just kits and not these pre built ones.so my question is that with these three parts would i need more than what's already built? The only resistor is on the switch wire so is that all i need?

4AAA Battery Holder with JST connector
Cree Star LED & MHSV1 Heatsink Module Royal blue
MWS Short Momentary 16mm AV Switch Green

Silver Serpent
04-07-2015, 01:06 PM
It looks like you're building a stunt saber (no sound board). If that's the case, you'll need either a latching switch OR the momentary-to-latching converter.

You will need a resistor for the Cree LED assembly in either case. The exact value will depend on your battery pack. You can calculate your resistor value pretty easily with FJK's sticky post on Ohm's Law.

minamus
04-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Why cant i use the momentary switch? and if i cant in this setup, what would i need to add to the order because i will do sound if i have to and change the battery pack if i have to as well lol. i want sound i just didn't know what to do because i want the light up momentay switch more. So should i just get the non prebuilt stuff since i need to add a resistor anyway? because i know the switch has that dynaohm on it.

minamus
04-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Also this is kind of what i'm making so i might actually need that sound board since it can support accent leds. so i guess the original question needs changed to what all electronics and wires do i need to make a sound/motion/clashing lightsaber with 1 blue accent led, a blue cree led and a led switch dont care which one but it would be nice if i hvae to hold it to turn it on?

DarthFender
04-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Nice Master Sword Saber. good luck.