PDA

View Full Version : Video: Wiring a Momentary to latching converter

Madcow
03-20-2015, 08:56 AM
https://youtu.be/M6OUwGikWKg

Easier than you might expect. This is a great way to make any momentary switch/button into a latching switch.

Knighthammer
03-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Very easy to follow - thank you.

Contrasteve
04-28-2015, 10:34 AM
Hi Rob ,

I dont have the ability to make a wiring diagram at the moment but what I want to do is use a 12mm av momentary switch to replace the latching one on my Makoto string blade. my questions are do I need to wire a ground from the battery for the board ? and since its a string blade without a ground on a LED die to attach to will it cause a problem? how would you wire this ? 11262

Madcow
04-28-2015, 11:46 AM
Hi Rob ,

I dont have the ability to make a wiring diagram at the moment but what I want to do is use a 12mm av momentary switch to replace the latching one on my Makoto string blade. my questions are do I need to wire a ground from the battery for the board ? and since its a string blade without a ground on a LED die to attach to will it cause a problem? how would you wire this ? 11262

That's a tricky one. I have not used a Makoto setup before, perhaps someone who has will chime in. It might be possible a couple different ways, but we'd need to know more about how the Makoto module is wired. Have you emailed him to ask?

Contrasteve
04-28-2015, 12:42 PM
the translation is difficult as is getting a hold of him. I can tell you that in one instance I substituted a capacitive touch sensor switch into another Makoto
i have and just ran a ground from the battery compartment and it worked fine , I guess
i'll give it a go and see what happens.

Contrasteve
05-12-2015, 06:25 AM
That's a tricky one. I have not used a Makoto setup before, perhaps someone who has will chime in. It might be possible a couple different ways, but we'd need to know more about how the Makoto module is wired. Have you emailed him to ask?

Ok, so to use this Momentary to Latching convertor with Makoto's system is pretty straight forward . I ran a ground from the battery compartment to the ground in on the converter board, then I disconnected the 2 leads from the supplied latching switch to the V in and V out. then for the led on the switch I used the second V out with a resistor and Ground out. If it does not power on right away change the polarity on the board connection.

Madcow
05-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Excellent!

Thanks for posting the result.