PDA

View Full Version : Video: Config files for NB and PC

Madcow
03-19-2015, 10:20 AM
https://youtu.be/j1T3mSIy_Gc

For those of you who are setting up a Nano Biscotte or Petite Crouton sound card for the first time.

I'm also curious to hear feedback on the background music, not the style, but whether it improves the tutorial video experience, or is just distracting?

Silver Serpent
03-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Background music is low enough that it's not distracting, and I can still hear your voice clearly.

Honestly, it's difficult to tell that there is any background music at all unless I turn up the volume a lot.

Cire Yeldarb
03-19-2015, 10:55 AM
I honestly did not hear the background music until you pointed it out and I went back and listened to the video again!

Definitely do not think it is distracting, as SS said, it is low enough that your voice is clearly audible above it.

Madcow
03-19-2015, 01:24 PM
I appreciate the feedback,
I have a new RODE mic as well so my voice should come through clearly.

The vid that will drop later today also has music. We'll see how that goes.

Sevinzol
03-20-2015, 12:29 AM
I'm going to have to disagree -- You don't need the background music, its a distraction.
Also if your going to capture a computer screen, increase the font and/or lower the resolution (even at full screen mode I can't read anything).

My opinion on background music...
This is a teaching video. I've never had a teacher or professor play music to enhance their class.
(regardless of the type of music, I feel its being forced upon a captive audience.)

Madcow
03-20-2015, 08:50 AM
I'm going to have to disagree -- You don't need the background music, its a distraction.
Also if your going to capture a computer screen, increase the font and/or lower the resolution (even at full screen mode I can't read anything).

My opinion on background music...
This is a teaching video. I've never had a teacher or professor play music to enhance their class.
(regardless of the type of music, I feel its being forced upon a captive audience.)

Noted - thanks

Cire Yeldarb
03-20-2015, 04:19 PM
In the Momentary to Latching Converter video, the music was a bit more distracting than in the Config File video, specifically starting around the part where you pulled out the two single-cell Li-ion batteries to show.