PDA

View Full Version : Trim Ring On Blade Holder?

jedimastergarcia87
03-17-2015, 01:48 AM
So can this be done? I was gonna use blade holder 3 and trim ring 2 like neat the top of the blade holder for a design I'm going to try and achieve but wanted info first before making any mistakes on this. Thanks for the help =] This is just an idea though but I hope it would work because I think you guys will like my final design

craig139
03-17-2015, 03:30 AM
The threading for a bladeholder is designed to hold the LED heatsink in place between the BH and whatever downstream component you screw it in to. Adding a trim ring would allow the LED/headsink module to rattle around inside the housing. I suppose that you could pack something inside to keep the rattling down if you really wanted to go this route.

TrypWyr
03-17-2015, 07:46 AM
Well, there's the new clocking washers, but you may need quite a few... You could probably find an O-ring which would do the trick.

Silver Serpent
03-17-2015, 08:06 AM
You can remove the locking ring from the inside of the trim ring with a dremel or some hand files. Then just attach it to the BH with epoxy.

cvsickle
03-17-2015, 09:24 AM
Give this a try.
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Insert-O-ring-P965.aspx

Handy little o-ring with a ton of uses. I'm building a saber right now with a heatsink mounted into a normal MHS piece (not a blade holder) and this guy is the perfect size to keep the heat sink centered.

jedimastergarcia87
03-17-2015, 11:20 AM
No I mean can I slide the trim ring on the blade holder, like the top part where the blade comes out? Not in between the blade holder and body. I'm going for a specific look if this would be possible. If not I will just do a simpler build

cvsickle
03-17-2015, 11:24 AM
You'd have to remove the lip from the inside of the trim ring so that it would slide over the blade holder's diameter. And you'd also need to drill a hole in it for a set screen to hold it in place.

jedimastergarcia87
03-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Meh. Too complicated for me then. Also I just decided a lightsaber isn't a lightsaber without sound so I'm gonna save up a bit more for Nano sound at least =] What stock fonts are on it though? Light, Grey, and dark Meat? Or is it just 2 fonts of choice? If so I'll probably keep the Grey Meat font on and get another Jedi font on. Then what else would be needed besides a battery pack of some type? I'm thinking 14500 pack or 14550 if 500 is out of stock. I'm gonna try the new rebel lime green color. looks amazing from what I've seen from a buddy of mine that has one

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-17-2015, 11:47 AM
Meh. Too complicated for me then. Also I just decided a lightsaber isn't a lightsaber without sound so I'm gonna save up a bit more for Nano sound at least =] What stock fonts are on it though? Light, Grey, and dark Meat? Or is it just 2 fonts of choice? If so I'll probably keep the Grey Meat font on and get another Jedi font on. Then what else would be needed besides a battery pack of some type? I'm thinking 14500 pack or 14550 if 500 is out of stock. I'm gonna try the new rebel lime green color. looks amazing from what I've seen from a buddy of mine that has one

Read the manual.

jedimastergarcia87
03-17-2015, 10:15 PM
I understand it now. I'm just gonna do a stunt build for now though when I get to the point10999
Starkiller inspired. I'll probably leather wrap the grip and get these metal pieces at Lowe's I saw on a build on another forum recently, like thin metal strip things

TrypWyr
03-17-2015, 10:18 PM
Read the manual.

As, uh, helpful as that is, the manual doesn't seem to have the info on which fonts are included. According to the store, it includes Light Meat and Dark Meat. Saberfont.com is awesome though! You can have tons of fun with all the font options there.

Garcia, I personally like the 18650 batteries for NBs. They fit well in most hilts, even ribbed sections, and provide great run time. You would also need the various pieces such as speaker and a momentary switch, and possibly a recharge port (although not strictly required with this board). Definitely check the wiring diagrams in the manual or elsewhere as you plan your build.

Good luck! ;)

craig139
03-18-2015, 03:09 AM
I understand it now. I'm just gonna do a stunt build for now though when I get to the point10999
Starkiller inspired. I'll probably leather wrap the grip and get these metal pieces at Lowe's I saw on a build on another forum recently, like thin metal strip things

If you are intending on wrapping the hilt with leather, why pay extra for the fluted main body?

jedimastergarcia87
03-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Its just gonna be all regular color. Though someone on another forum found these cool metal grip things that looks like TFUI saber grips so I'll probably get my hands on those. And I did see the new NB chassis piece and protective tubing so that makes things easier. The metal pieces were bought at lowe's. I forget what they were called though. Lightning bolt rods or something? They were in brass color but I'm hoping they have silver so I can paint them like a medium grey finish

jedimastergarcia87
03-21-2015, 01:11 PM
And @Tryp, I know the parts to get so no worries =] It'll just take me awhile for a full sound set up. By the way can you use regular rebel leds for uh, any soundboard really unless you want a specific color set to each font? I was wanting one o the blade colors to be purple to use with this one font, the Shade font? Then Sith Lord Unleashed for the red color probably