PDA

View Full Version : Hi newbie question about MR to Lux conversion

Frankinmouse
03-08-2015, 03:18 AM
Hi all, I'm new to the forum.
Iv'e spent some time looking through the threads for an answer to my question but I cant find it, I'm sorry if this has been asked before.
I have an Obi Wan MR 2006 ROTS saber, I am aware of the tutorials for 3w lux conversion but I would like to put a brighter Led in the hilt than 3w, I also know that the MR sound boars probably won't support a brighter Led.
My question is this, is there a kit including new sound board to put a 10/12w Led in these sabers? Can I buy the parts and do it myself? Does anyone do the conversions if I send out the saber?
I am involved in Ludosport light saber combat and I'd love to use my Obi Wan for practice.

Many Thanks
Cade

setelf3of5
03-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Welcome!

Evilpancreas
03-08-2015, 07:21 PM
You can definitely buy a nano or better to replace the board. With a nano you can do two Cree xp-e2 die in parallel being each driven at 1 amp. With two die, that'll be stupid bright. You can buy the conversion kit and a nano then just redo the internals. Hope that helps.

Frankinmouse
03-10-2015, 03:39 PM
You can definitely buy a nano or better to replace the board. With a nano you can do two Cree xp-e2 die in parallel being each driven at 1 amp. With two die, that'll be stupid bright. You can buy the conversion kit and a nano then just redo the internals. Hope that helps.

Thanks for that! I presume there is a tutorial for all this somewhere, ill have a look.

Frankinmouse
03-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Thanks. :)