PDA

View Full Version : Led Wiring question

Nyvekification
03-06-2015, 06:31 PM
So I'm building my first saber with the PC v3.5 soundboard. I loaded the banks and setup the board. Everything was fine but the Luxeon tristar LED's I have hooked up ddidn't light up. So I checked the config file and changed the color0 parameter to include current for the led. Now when I turn it on it lights up for a few seconds then makes a growling noise and turns off.
I think this is because I'm setting the config file up wrong. I'm only using the tristar wired in parallel connected to the main led section of the board and nothing on the other led slots (i plan to add to those later and just want the basics working for now).
Has anyone experienced this before, or could recommend how to construct the config file?

The LED's are green luxeon rebel tristars if that matters at all.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-06-2015, 07:21 PM
First, welcome to the Forums.

Did you make sure your battery pack is fully charged? Which battery pack are you using?

Nyvekification
03-06-2015, 07:30 PM
I was using a 9V since the board is described for 5.5-11V
According to the voltmeter it is still good.

And thanks, lots of information on these forums :)

Star Bird
03-06-2015, 07:36 PM
I was using a 9V since the board is described for 5.5-11V
According to the voltmeter it is still good.

And thanks, lots of information on these forums :)

9 volt battery? that probably doesn't have the current you'll need for a tri-rebel in parallel.

Nyvekification
03-06-2015, 07:40 PM
It was able to power them before I attached the board. But the board changes things. What batteries should I use? And can't I change the allowed current to the led using the led command?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-06-2015, 07:52 PM
It was able to power them before I attached the board. But the board changes things. What batteries should I use? And can't I change the allowed current to the led using the led command?

Ummm, 9V batteries and sounds cards don't go together. a 9V battery can't put out enough current.

Nyvekification
03-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Ok well that identifies the problem. Thanks.
Any recommendations on what cells to use instead?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-06-2015, 08:15 PM
A 7.4V Li-ion pack would be the best. Which one would depend on what you can fit into your hilt.

Nyvekification
03-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Awesome. I have lots of room in the hilt, managed to ge tthe wiring very minimal. So I'll look into which pack to get I am assuming I want at least 700mAh.
Thanks again for all the help everyone!