PDA

View Full Version : Short momentary switch question

San Tala
02-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Will the Short Momentary av switches work with the 4" Double Female Grooved without holes section if I get it drilled with a recessed switch hole or is it too chunky? It's says on the store they won't work with bezels because they're too short so I just want to make sure.

hapki
02-28-2015, 06:28 PM
I have a short 16mm switch in a MHSv1 double female with a recessed switch hole. It fits fine. I use the bezel inside the tube because it makes crewing on the hex nut easier. The bezel would be used to lift a long switch up so the switch terminals don't bump up against the inside of the tube. In other words, a long switch is too long to fit in the tube without a bezel...the bezel is like a nice washer. It adds space. If you have a recessed hole, you could really toss out the bezel.

Bark
03-01-2015, 05:46 AM
I have yet to confirm for myself, but others here say the short AV LED accent switches do work with bezels. The short AV non-LED switches do not fit with bezels. Neither switch works with the long bezels.

Jay-gon Jinn
03-01-2015, 11:27 AM
I have yet to confirm for myself, but others here say the short AV LED accent switches do work with bezels. The short AV non-LED switches do not fit with bezels. Neither switch works with the long bezels.
This is correct, i have done so many times myself. The non-lighted switches are the ones that are too short for the standard bezels.

San Tala
03-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Good to know, thanks!