PDA

View Full Version : Graflex style crossguard saber

Darth Obi Don
02-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Some guys over at The Replica prop Forum are coming up with ideas for a Graflex based crossguard style saber.
Some of the renders are pretty cool looking. Check them out here.
http://www.therpf.com/f79/graflex-5-cell-help-232250/index2.html
Don

NeoRutty
03-17-2015, 05:30 PM
Ha... Yeah that's me... I was perusing this site trying to figure out how to wire it up (never have worked with electronics... only static hilts).

While this will look good as a static hilt, electronics and sound will bring it up that extra notch to make it great... or the worst thing ever depending on your opinion of a Luke Crossguard saber.

Most build info will be in this thread...

http://www.therpf.com/f79/finishing-my-prop-projects-parts-luke-broadsword-225882/index4.html

(latest posts are the broadsword plans)

if anyone on this forum knows a good tutorial for wiring even a standard Graflex, that would be awesome.

(I am a big stickler for "look at the search function, noob"... but being SO "noob" about wiring, this is all a little overwhelming.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the Forums.

Ha... Yeah that's me... I was perusing this site trying to figure out how to wire it up (never have worked with electronics... only static hilts).

(I am a big stickler for "look at the search function, noob"... but being SO "noob" about wiring, this is all a little overwhelming.

Take your time and look around, it'll take you some time to "take it all in".

NeoRutty
03-17-2015, 05:52 PM
yeah, crazy... I jumped right to the search function, and therefore completely bypassed the TUTORIAL sections... So... what I'm saying is, I just did the worst first post on a forum.

And I should know better... :D

Darth Obi Don
03-18-2015, 07:44 PM
yeah, crazy... I jumped right to the search function, and therefore completely bypassed the TUTORIAL sections... So... what I'm saying is, I just did the worst first post on a forum.

And I should know better... :D
I plan on "borrowing" some of your design ideas for my own build. I went and bought a pair of the Graflex stubbies to play with. I'm thinking the best way to wire it up would be to use 2 single die LEDs, and 1 Tri rebel for the main blade, and wire them like a Quad rebel with Flash on Clash on the main blade. By wiring in parallel ,a 3.7 Volt pack should be plenty of power. I have a regular Graflex with a Petit cruton running a Tri Rebel very nicely.
Don

NeoRutty
03-26-2015, 10:46 AM
I plan on "borrowing" some of your design ideas for my own build. I went and bought a pair of the Graflex stubbies to play with. I'm thinking the best way to wire it up would be to use 2 single die LEDs, and 1 Tri rebel for the main blade, and wire them like a Quad rebel with Flash on Clash on the main blade. By wiring in parallel ,a 3.7 Volt pack should be plenty of power. I have a regular Graflex with a Petit cruton running a Tri Rebel very nicely.
Don

Would love to see a build thread on this... being new to wiring electronics, getting an idea of how someone would wire up a graflex, especially with the slaves, would be great.

-EL