PDA

View Full Version : New to Lightsaber Scene -- building new lightsaber

metalsuspension
02-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Hey all,
I just recently got into the lightsaber scene. After purchasing a lightsaber from (don't kill me) Ultrasabers, I've decided that I was to fully customize my own.
I've been talking to a friend of mine about the parts I need; here's my parts list as is:

Hilt style 4 with machine guarded switch hole 1.5? from end
Double ended male threaded connector style 1
4? double female grooved without holes
MPS Pommel style 4
MHSV1 blade holder style 10
MHS Heat sink V3
Red Cree XP-E2 CopperNova
4AA Battery Holder with JST connector
16mm Anti Vandal latching red ring switch
LED TCSS Show blade 1? OD

I believe that the only supplies that I need now are tools for the wiring and a buckpuck and a resistor (for the LED on the switch and the blade LED).

Any suggestions for electronics besides the LED and switch are welcome!

setelf3of5
02-19-2015, 06:20 PM
Welcome

MedicineMan
02-20-2015, 07:32 AM
Do not forget about:

MPS inserts and a C clip to hold the insert into the pommel. Also, you will want to get a buckpuck or a resistor of some sort for your LED.

metalsuspension
02-20-2015, 09:04 AM
Do not forget about:

MPS inserts and a C clip to hold the insert into the pommel. Also, you will want to get a buckpuck or a resistor of some sort for your LED.

True, I forgot about the insert and C clip.

I'm not sure what buckpuck or resistor to purchase, though. I'm also not sure how to wire the setup correctly.

cvsickle
02-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Then you might want to start here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?2025-Step-2-I-have-decided-to-make-a-LED-saber

MedicineMan
02-20-2015, 11:34 AM
if it is for a simple stunt saber, then you will choose either resistor or buckpuck.