PDA

View Full Version : The redeemer

setelf3of5
02-10-2015, 03:53 PM

My first saber, came to life thanks to help from Silver Serpent's patience and guidance. I fulfilled a childhood dream that started way back in 1978. It was so nice to hear that hum and see the blue illumination.
I found the wire-fu the most difficult and had to re-solder several times more than one connection, and had to start over on sending wires through the hilt a few times until i got it just right.
I am very pleased to introduce you to "THE REDEEMER" Bringing the light back to a dark universe. More Sabers to follow :)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Good work. Not bad for your first build.

setelf3of5
02-10-2015, 04:56 PM
PC, 7.4 battery. Really enjoyed the build...although frustrating at times... I am glad it turned out so well, have to paint it now. I already have plans on another saber. I am deciding on the inturnals at the moment. But not a build I am planning on soon. I want to enjoy the work and step into a larger world at the moment. I like challenges...and this was a good challenge for me. I am wondering if I should go for the CF on my next one or not. Those are decisions for another day. Today I have a complete saber!

snilam
02-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Good job man. Isn't it a great feeling when you fire her up and hear that ignition sound?! Makes it oh so worth it. You definitely need another now so can do more than just look at it :).

setelf3of5
02-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Absolutely! I will.

Yoshi-Taka
02-10-2015, 08:06 PM
I gotta say, that is a VERY large lightsaber. I'd go so far as to call it a lightclaymore. Not my particular style but I like it. Very cool, even if that blade holder is tremendous.

And I say this from experience - it doesn't stop at one. Or two. Or six. Heck you'll probably build the same essential design four times and name them different things... >.>
I look forward to seeing your future build(s).

setelf3of5
02-10-2015, 08:09 PM
I gotta say, that is a VERY large lightsaber. I'd go so far as to call it a lightclaymore. Not my particular style but I like it. Very cool, even if that blade holder is tremendous.

And I say this from experience - it doesn't stop at one. Or two. Or six. Heck you'll probably build the same essential design four times and name them different things... >.>
I look forward to seeing your future build(s).

I agree, and I will enjoy each and every one...although my next two are completely different. I have no names yet.

Silver Serpent
02-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Nice work. Definitely a two-hander there. :)

setelf3of5
02-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Nice work. Definitely a two-hander there. :)

Yes its two handed. I grew up loving broadswords. Thank you for your skill and teaching!

setelf3of5
02-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Good work. Not bad for your first build.

I also want to thank you for your help, it was early on, but still wouldn't have happened without all the wisdom from the council members. Thank you!

jedimastergarcia87
02-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Very nice saber =] Hardly see that blade holder much. Don't the long choke make the hilt kinda long though since the blade holder is somewhat large or is it just picture illusions? :P

setelf3of5
02-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Very nice saber =] Hardly see that blade holder much. Don't the long choke make the hilt kinda long though since the blade holder is somewhat large or is it just picture illusions? :P

Picture illusions... works for me.

setelf3of5
02-11-2015, 08:09 PM
More pictures are on the way.