PDA

View Full Version : how it all goes together....

Jedi_Roz
01-31-2015, 08:39 AM
Hello!

This forum has been so tremendously helpful! Thank you so much everyone!

I have a question about the Covertec clip. My hilt description states that you do not want to drill for the clip into the back of the hilt because the socket is very thin and can cause damage. I totally see that. The image is the render I'm going for. I was wondering if I could use a double ended male threaded adapter to allow me to get the space I need and the security to drill that hold for the clip? So adapter would go in between the back of my hilt and the pommel.

I guess I'm thinking more outloud than anything.

Thank you again everyone!

Jay-gon Jinn
01-31-2015, 03:20 PM
You can add a covertec button to that end of the hilt so long as you drill the hole in the center of one of the raised ribs.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-31-2015, 04:35 PM
Hello!

This forum has been so tremendously helpful! Thank you so much everyone!

I have a question about the Covertec clip. My hilt description states that you do not want to drill for the clip into the back of the hilt because the socket is very thin and can cause damage. I totally see that. The image is the render I'm going for. I was wondering if I could use a double ended male threaded adapter to allow me to get the space I need and the security to drill that hold for the clip? So adapter would go in between the back of my hilt and the pommel.

I guess I'm thinking more outloud than anything.

Thank you again everyone!

Jay is correct. You can use the last rib as long as there are not threads underneath.