PDA

View Full Version : Question about part in LED hilt tutorial

Eruialsul
12-01-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm planning on building my saber from a sink tube, so I was wondering which blade holder is shown in the LED hilt tutorial, since I can't seem to match it with any of the ones in the shop, is it a part that's no longer offered? At first I assumed it was one of the other holders with the sink tube adapter put on it, but from the pictures it seems to be one piece. Sorry for asking such a simple question, but I'm a little confused.

xwingband
12-01-2006, 09:14 PM
That used to be the old style of blade holders. They bolted together.

Now you have to get the sinktube adapter and an MHS emitter. A wee bit more expensive but much better.

james3
12-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Yes Yes! To xwing you will listen.

The new setup with the blade holder of your choice and the sink tube adapter is wicked cool and better on the LED.

I am planning on a sink tube saber after the new year just so I can cut out the tube and use the #3 blade holder painted to get an Obi-Wan esque emitter area.

What
12-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Dont appologize for asking questions, you dont want to mess up your first saber! I, not that long ago, completed my first saber, and I was completely lost when i started and knew not what i had gotten myself into. :D

Eruialsul
12-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Alright, thanks everyone.

Eruialsul
12-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I had another question about the same part. Would it be possible to skip using the adapter if you drilled and taped the right holes straight into the blade holder? It looks like the blade holder is the right size, but maybe I'm missing something.

987654321a
12-04-2006, 10:36 PM
nope, in between the blade holder and adaptor the heatsink is held so you can really do it. you could if you went cheap and glued it on but it wouldnt be as strong as the three pieces.