PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Bonnox
01-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Hi guys, I'm in the process of building my own lightsaber, I got my hands on a yoda sound board a while back but did nothing with it, but followed the wiring diagrams on here to give it life again..... But zilch, nada, zip, zero, can the board 'die' ? I get no sound at all out of it, iv tried two different speakers including the battery pack out of a vader saber, I am royally stuck now please help1079610796

Viper138
01-25-2015, 10:18 PM
First check and see if the soldering you have done is making good electrical connections. You can do this by using a multimeter and checking for continuity on the different connection points on your board. If your soldiering job is lacking,you should be able to tell visually. Globs of solder is not good,nor is too little and cold solders. It is possible to destroy a board if you have not taken proper ESD precautions,so that may be an issue that you're facing. What else have you done besides change speakers? Any battery changes or wire checking?

Sevinzol
01-25-2015, 11:54 PM
Here are my observations:
" followed the wiring diagrams on here " a link would be nice.
Your setup looks like the 3rd post in this thread MR-Hasbro-FX-Wiring-Diagrams (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?8593-MR-Hasbro-FX-Wiring-Diagrams)
- why are your pictures upside down?
- I see the black/black & brown/black wires just twisted together not soldered.
- It is hard to tell what wires are attached to the speaker. looks like red on both posts, so where is brown?
- what is your power supply?
- no switch on the purple leads. Is it latching or momentary?

You say "I got my hands on a yoda sound board a while back ". Did you scavenge it out of a saber yourself? did you get it as we see it in the photo? Do you know if it worked?