PDA

View Full Version : How should I Secure NB in Hilt

DarthScohin
01-17-2015, 05:23 PM
So i got my Nano Biscotte and im trying to figure how is the best way to seat the sound board without it getting jostled, shorted or cherished inside of the hilt? I figured how to insulate and secure the battery but was wondering how to mount it without interrupting the circuit

Denz
01-17-2015, 05:27 PM
Have you looked on TCSS for the NB chassis disks? Some people machine custom chassis from Delrin. Also I have seen people 3D print chassis.

-Denzil

DarthScohin
01-17-2015, 06:00 PM
I have I wanted to be as budget efficient as possible, without going cheap obviously

Silver Serpent
01-17-2015, 06:09 PM
The most budget friendly method is to use a small section of PVC pipe and sand/cut it into a chassis. Secure the battery in the chassis, then attach the NB to the battery with double-sided foam mounting tape. This method will take some time and patience, while you get the PVC into the shape you want.

The chassis discs from TCSS are an excellent method as well. While they cost a little more than PVC, they're much easier to use. I highly recommend them.

craig139
01-20-2015, 10:23 AM
I used this item: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHS-speaker-mount-V6-For-28mm-Speakers-P892.aspx . It worked very well after making a few modifications. This will hold the battery, speaker, and NB card. To insulate the top of the card, I used a piece of chopped up pill bottle.

DarthScohin
01-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Sadly Craig that wouldn't have worked in my build because it's too tight, However I did use a piece of tubing to make a housing for the NB and works great.