PDA

View Full Version : Nano Biscotte wiring help please

daviesevan68
01-14-2015, 07:20 PM
I just received my pre-wired NB V2 today and am struggling with how to attach everything but mainly the switch. I currently have attached my premium speaker to green wires with jst connectors so that I can plug them into the NB. I am now confused on where to attach my yellow wire with JST connectors to the switch in order to plug it into the NB. Please help me out, thank you.

daviesevan68
01-14-2015, 09:09 PM
forgot to mention that the switch is a momentary AV switch with green dot LED

Silver Serpent
01-15-2015, 05:44 AM
If you have the 4-post AV switch, you'll connect the switch wires to the top and bottom posts as shown in this diagram:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Assets/ProductImages/SMRNRc.jpg

You'll have to hook up the switch LED separately. There are multiple ways to do so, and they're detailed in the NB manual.

daviesevan68
01-15-2015, 10:17 AM
Thank you. I have the long momentary switch that has six leads and two LED leads. I have hooked everything up to what I feel like should be right but absolutely nothing happens. I have four NiMH AA batteries so I am wondering if that's the problem. Should I hear a boot sound when I plug the batteries in? Could the soldering on the speaker be messed up?

Jay-gon Jinn
01-15-2015, 10:34 AM
The long switches are a little different:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/Wiring%20Diagrams/layout1.jpg
You will need to wire one switch lead to NO1, the other to C1 ignoring the rest. The LED leads are the same as every other LED, a positive and negative. That style switch is designed to operate two separate circuits with the push of the one button, it's what is known as a DPDT type, meaning "double pole, double throw." The designations for NC and NO stand for Normally Closed and Normally Open, respectively.

Yorginsnarff
01-16-2015, 06:54 AM
Search "petpaparazziguy" on youtube. I made a video as to how to go about wiring my way. It's tried and true ;)

daviesevan68
01-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Thank you all. I will give it a try when I get home. Should I be hearing a boot sound when the switch and LED are not plugged in?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-16-2015, 06:38 PM
Thank you all. I will give it a try when I get home. Should I be hearing a boot sound when the switch and LED are not plugged in?

If the battery and speaker is connected, yes. Generally,the battery gets connected LAST.

daviesevan68
01-16-2015, 07:00 PM
I think I diagnosed the problem as the batteries weren't charged haha. I will let you all know how it goes after giving them a good charge. I reread the manual though and am now worried that I will be exceeding the maximum voltage with four 1.2v NiMH batteries. It should only be 4.8v which is safe but in the manual it says to use a diode which I don't have. Should I wait to try until I have a diode?

daviesevan68
01-17-2015, 02:47 PM
Yep batteries were dead. Its all working great now thanks for all of the help everyone!