PDA

View Full Version : help

iron_man_2006
11-30-2006, 08:54 AM
im new to this i wanted to know how to turn my lightsaber in to a working one. i have two i built from bigyellowbox.tripod.com style 4 & 8 if anyone can please help.

jjshumpert
11-30-2006, 09:11 AM
first off we need to find out what type of saber you want, stunt that lights up only or fx with sound. for the stunt you simply need a led with emitter, battery pack and switch. if you want sound then its a matter of deciding if you want to go with a hasbro sound module or master replicas force fx. let us know a little more about where you want to go with these sabers so we can help you reach your final design. welcome to the forums and good luck! :D

iron_man_2006
11-30-2006, 09:29 AM
stunt also i need to turnone amber & one pink :lol: its not as fun for your wife if when she gets mad she cant hit you with it :lol:

jjshumpert
11-30-2006, 01:09 PM
well then my sugestion is get on ebay and find yourself 2 white k2 leds with drivers, they run around 20 a piece, and switches/battery packs. then you'll need to get a pack of filters from tim as well as a pair of heat sinks and some thermal adhesive from the computer store (the stuff they put heatsinks on processors with) then all you have to do is wire them up and stuff em in the hilts and your good. btw i would sugest getting blades from here as well, way stronger than the stock mr blades and look much better

iron_man_2006
11-30-2006, 05:40 PM
can you post a pic so i can see what im looking for

xwingband
11-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Don't bother with evilbay.

Both the designs you want are sinktube based. Buy in the store linked at the top: The basic style #1 blade holder, sinktube adapter, Luxeon, lens and holder, 2.2 ohm resistor, switch and 4AA (or AAA) battery holder.

If you want more than the basic then we'd have to get into details. Otherwise... don't friggin' bother with ebay.

Ryma Mara
11-30-2006, 05:55 PM
evilbay....

I hate that place, granted you can get alot of really cool stuff but with all the horror stories Ive read...nto worth it.

elrond.406
11-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Actually, you can get some pretty good deals from there. Like MR anakin & vader FXs. Even tho theyre sold by dealtree, its via ebay.