PDA

View Full Version : MHS builder working?

Avendale
01-12-2015, 07:11 AM
is it working or is my computer being difficult

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-12-2015, 07:48 AM
is it working or is my computer being difficult

It's your computer

Avendale
01-12-2015, 08:26 AM
dang it

xl97
01-13-2015, 01:42 PM
TO expand.. what is 'your computer'?

What browser are you using? Is it updated?

Do you have the latest Flash Player plug-in? (and activated)

Most iOS devices wont work with Flash based apps/content.

But its working,..... and with the latest addition of 'alternate' parts option

(ie: a part may have several different 'options' for it.. such as the pre-drilled hole...or any other variant a part may have) :)

Like Hilt #1 for example.

Avendale
01-15-2015, 09:17 AM
I don't know what wrong ever time I pull it up I get a little circle with a line threw it. not sure how to check the other stuff

xl97
01-15-2015, 05:49 PM
can you post a screenschot?

also what OS?

what browser? (version too if you know it)

thanks!

Onli-Won Kanomi
01-15-2015, 07:39 PM
I can't see the MHS Builder in Internet Explorer [and get messages I need to update my Flash even though my Flash IS up to date and even if I update it again it still doesn't work in IE] but it works fine in Google Chrome so I just use Chrome when I want to use the Builder.

xl97
01-15-2015, 08:04 PM
I can't see the MHS Builder in Internet Explorer [and get messages I need to update my Flash even though my Flash IS up to date and even if I update it again it still doesn't work in IE] but it works fine in Google Chrome so I just use Chrome when I want to use the Builder.

what version of IE?

It may have to do with the way the flash movie.swf is being embedded into the page/forum software as well..

(might need some embed tags?)

Sevinzol
01-15-2015, 10:53 PM
I'm using IE 11 and its working for me.

Silver Serpent
01-16-2015, 06:43 AM
I can confirm that it works with IE9 here at work.

Our cranky IT people don't allow us to use a proper browser like FF or Chrome.

xl97
01-16-2015, 07:07 AM
HAHA... (thats insane).. to force/support a browser that is just terrible and doesnt behave like other browsers.

Supporting IE & Outlook 2007-2010 are a PITA for me!! (who in their right mind would make WORD their HTML rendering engine?)

anyways.. glad its work for two version of IE so far.

thanks!

Onli-Won Kanomi
01-17-2015, 04:42 AM
Oops sorry I forgot to mention I'm using I.E. 11 too specifically version 11.0.9600.17501 (KB3008923) with update version 11.0.15 [install new versions automatically is checked ] on a Windows 7 netbook which is also set to auto-update Windows as is Flash so everything should be auto-updated OK afaik, but...no MHS builder visible. In fairness I have had it happen occasionally happen on other sites but it ALWAYS happens with MHS builder here...everything else works OK here just not the Builder, unless I switch to Chrome. Not a big problem since I can work around it...just seems weird.

Silver Serpent
01-17-2015, 09:07 AM
If you have Chrome installed, why are you still using IE? IE is the #1 browser for only one thing: downloading a better browser.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-17-2015, 09:18 AM
If you have Chrome installed, why are you still using IE? IE is the #1 browser for only one thing: downloading a better browser.

Hysterical, but very accurate.

xl97
01-17-2015, 09:47 AM

hahaha..

nice.

Not sure... without being able to check myself..

maybe check for compatibility mode?

make sure you dont have it blocked/turned off somehow by some setting or add-on/plug-in..

I'm not exactly sure how Tim has it embedded into the page, using SWFObject (js) or object and/or embed tags?.. but since other IE users can view it fine, I'm assuming it doesnt matter.

Onli-Won Kanomi
01-17-2015, 07:31 PM
Haha true that's why I also have Chrome which I personally like but I have one site I go to regularly that is non-SW/saber related where many of my online friends for more than a decade congregate to socialize that seems to prefer I.E. which is why I've kept it and sometimes I just find myself switching over here from there and when I'm not planning on using the Builder its not an issue. When I do I just bring up Chrome so its not really a problem at all, just when I saw this thread I thought I'd add my similar experiences FYI.