PDA

View Full Version : US Graflex ESB or ANH customization help

Duke XC
01-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Hi there!!

So i am kinda new to saber building I have reading the forum for a while now and have built a few PVC sabers. Anyways recently i have obtained a Ultra Graflex and while it looks nice and i am happy with it personally my favorite version of the Graflex is the ESB saber. I was curious to know if anyone knew if the replica Graflex red button offered from tcss would fit on the button on the ultra? I have searched the forums but have not found anything.

Ty_Bomber
01-11-2015, 08:52 PM
From what it looks like, the copper button on the front and back do not look to be easily removable. The blade retention screw appears to be a button head between the brass pin cutouts. You might be able to pull them off, drill and tap holes underneath and replace with TCSS graflex red button Thumb screws.

Count Malik
01-12-2015, 08:03 PM
not sure about the ultra graflex tbh... if its a 10-32 thread it should screw right on just fine. But if you were looking to make a actual button switch out of it- it's also possible but would require alot of dremeling and modification to the switch.

Duke XC
01-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Okay thanks for the advice i am still waiting for the saber haha I will check to see if its a 10-32 thread and as of right now I have no intentions of making the switch functional perhaps sometime in the future. Again thanks for the help i really appreciate it !!!