PDA

View Full Version : Cree Red LED and Petite Crouton Voltage Question

jedimastergarcia87
01-11-2015, 05:24 PM
So I was wondering, what would be a good power source for the new Cree LEDs and Petite Crouton, still 14500 pack? I plan on doing a red blae build eventually with full sound. Thanks for the info on this.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-11-2015, 05:39 PM
The rules haven't changed at all. The best power source is the biggest one you can fit into your saber. ;)

jedimastergarcia87
01-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Thinking 14650 since the 14500's are sold out. Should still be about the same. Its just gonna be a single red color blade for the Petite Crouton even though it can do color extender now. I think I'll enjoy it. I have some good fonts to use in mind. Revenge singe my hilt is kind of Maul looking, Sith Lord Unleashed, and Bane fonts

Count Malik
01-12-2015, 07:59 PM
last week when i emailed Tim he said they were a few weeks out yet. Although you could build your own quite easily too if that's something you're up to!
14500 will work fine, 14650's as well. it really depends on your space like FJK said! :D personally if it was just a single dice LED and you were tight on space i would do a single cell 18650 and call it a day. But that's just me! :D sounds like a cool build you got going on though my friend!

jedimastergarcia87
01-16-2015, 01:56 AM
Had another quick question, can trim rings fit like, on blade holders? Say use plain blade holder 1 and wanted like 3 trim rings on, like can they slide on pretty good kinda thing? It was just an idea I had in mind

Silver Serpent
01-16-2015, 06:37 AM
You would need to remove the locking ring on the inside of the trim ring first. A rotary tool would work well for this purpose.

You will need some epoxy or other adhesive to hold the ring in place afterwards.

jedimastergarcia87
01-16-2015, 08:36 PM
I already got a hilt design I really like and will be doing it here soon hopefully. I also finally got me a Twin Roses costume as well but only the osnaberg tunic set. Sorry if I spelled that wrong. But I plan to get an inner tunic in black for everything else is black, robe, pants, belt, and boots. I kinda made the belt myself. I was wondering, what's a good size screw to use for the short D-Ring? I don't know if you guys welcome pre-made uniforms and such like as Twin Roses but I love thier quality. The Robe isn't Twin Roses made but its good quality, not Rubies made either so, and has a velcro closure for the hood but you can hardly see it anyway. So the top tunic and tabbards will be the off white while the inner tunic is black same with everything else. Kind of a Grey Jedi scheme going on. I'll post pics in the costume thread after the saber post if I'm lucky enough. I'll keep updates though. What do you guys think of the new Rebel Lime LED or has anyone used it yet? Though my blade will be a regular green blade. Rebel Green, 1000mA buck puck and 4 AAA battery stunt set up, just something simple for now

jedimastergarcia87
01-18-2015, 12:06 AM
Yeah though thanks for the help on the new CREE's. I think I'll do a simple Rebel LED stunt build for now though. Can't wait to show you guys. =]

jedimastergarcia87
01-22-2015, 05:53 PM
I have a complete custom saber design I want to do and I was wondering if this would fit just the blank blade holder one or not. Thanks for any info. Its the look I'm going for so. Also you're welcome if you want to add some character to any blank blade holders. :P Sorry for some pondering nob questions. Its just been awhile for me since I've done a build. x.x

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00835O0J6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-22-2015, 05:56 PM
I have a complete custom saber design I want to do and I was wondering if this would fit just the blank blade holder one or not. Thanks for any info. Its the look I'm going for so. Also you're welcome if you want to add some character to any blank blade holders. :P Sorry for some pondering nob questions. Its just been awhile for me since I've done a build. x.x

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00835O0J6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I have no idea. You would have to buy it, and try it out.

Silver Serpent
01-23-2015, 05:46 AM
Well, the part you linked says it's a 2" OD part. That's going to be a very loose fit around any MHS parts.

jedimastergarcia87
01-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Also I had a thought, you can now build an exact replica of Obi-wan's AOTC arena hilt, use blade holder 27, 7 inch extension for main body, and the one long triangle shape pommel, can't think of the number, but I was wondering though can a tim ring be put in between the blade holder and extension pieces if you use just those 2 or still no? I'm thinking the one round trim ring then perfect replica with some shroud work of course and an extra red thumb screw under the main power switch

Silver Serpent
01-26-2015, 06:14 AM
I don't believe you can put the trim rings next to the blade holders without having the heatsink rattle around loosely.