PDA

View Full Version : Any one from Australia with experience buying from the shop

jamesfuss
01-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Just a quick one, this is for someone who lives in Australia and has ordered parts from tcss, were there any items that got seized or lost from your order? Just want to know befor I place my order what is or isn't aloud.

Daisan
01-07-2015, 08:07 PM
My order went through without a fuss. Be prepared to wait, though, but TCSS provides a tracking number even for the cheapest option so you know where your items are once it leaves the shop. I think the longest wait in my case was when the order was in the respective customs of US and Australia (2-3 days in each office).

Summary of my order from TCSS:
hilt parts (main body, blade holder, extension, pommel)
electronics (soundboard, JST, power extender, speaker, switches, etc)
thick-walled blade (36")
miscellaneous (screws, covertec)

There is already a notification on the store about the export/import of Li-ON batteries so you will have to find that elsewhere.

Anything else I needed/wanted I sourced locally (NSW).

Hope that helps. :)

jamesfuss
01-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Excellent:) how long from placing your order did you receive your items?

Daisan
01-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Approximately two weeks once it left Tim's shop (probably a day or two less). I ordered about mid-year last year. I had some milling services on mine so that took about week before it was ready to ship. I think it depends how busy Tim is.

All up, three weeks?

Btw, I find that using the tracking number to check if your order has moved causes stress. HAH! :p

jamesfuss
01-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Mine will also have a couple custom milling jobs , thanks heaps for the responses! :)

Teejay
01-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the info fellas! I'm looking at buying a full sabre from here but one that isn't put together. Do they have DIY kits for sale?
Haha total Noob here.
Bought an ultrasabre but like this place heaps better. Much more do ish.
Cheers Teejay

Bwahaha i'm an idiot and this place ****en RULES.
Just followed the noob DIY thread ftw :)

Daisan
01-08-2015, 03:06 PM
No worries, Teejay. I guess the "noob DIY thread" answered (most of) your questions. :)

Good luck on your build!

brett
01-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Hi jamesfuss, yes, it takes a little while for parts to reach this land, (compounded by the anxiety of looking forward to such fantastic stuff) BUT, Tim always packs things very well, as mentioned, there is a tracking number AND I also have never had any issues with confiscation or customs in general. I have waited up to four weeks, so do not be surprised by such lengths of time, although I am one more plane trip away being in Tasmania. But when that box is in your hand, and you unwrap all the wonderful machining the wait becomes well worth it. The Custom Saber shop is purely THE BEST for assembling your own saber and becoming a Jedi (or Sith). Good Luck!

Teejay
01-09-2015, 05:40 AM
Heya Fellas. Wow this is some complex stuff! Has anyone followed the nooby build thread and actually ordered the bits? I think i have everything in order....
If I post up a pic of my cart reckon you fellas could have a sticky and make sure I have all the parts? Wayyy too much info on here to make simple nooby sense.
Thanks again and happy new year.
Far south coast nsw ;)

Daisan
01-09-2015, 06:01 AM
We'll do our best, Teejay. But it's almost certain that one of the veterans will have a gander before us and give some helpful advise. For example, I don't think Forgetful Jedi Knight (FJK) sleeps. :D

Teejay
01-09-2015, 06:15 AM
Hmm a wish list that can be shared seems like a neat idea..

Any of you Aussies got a complete wish list I might be able to look at and modify for meself?

Daisan
01-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Is this the complete list? I don't see a soundboard so I am assuming that you are building a stunt saber.

Disclaimer: I am a noob myself so take this with a grain of salt. :p

I will add:

one of these latching switches (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Latching-C25.aspx) (I'm guessing here. I have a momentary switch myself but only because my NB soundboard specified that.)
one of these boxes (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHSV1-Clamps-Boxes-C57.aspx) or a milling service for your chosen switch (check with Tim (aka Strydur) about costing)
MPS clip (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MPS-Clip-P72.aspx) (so your insert does not rattle)
2.1mm recharge port (optional but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

You would also need these but they can be sourced locally:
battery/batteries
resistors
wires

Basic soldering skills
Patience

Start thinking about how they will fit (snugly/securely) inside the hilt. You don't want your electronics to be loose while your swinging your saber. :)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-09-2015, 08:24 PM
Hmm a wish list that can be shared seems like a neat idea..

Any of you Aussies got a complete wish list I might be able to look at and modify for meself?

You will need the drill/tap service for the blade retention screw. Other than that, and Daisan's suggestions, it looks pretty good to me.

The recharge port will be good IF you use the battery packs that have "non removable" batteries, not a "removable battery" solution like you have.

Teejay
01-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Heya Fellas.
See attached pic of the kit I have.
I've been watching the basic build youtube clip but realised I muffed up and bought a press and hold switch (times 2!?) haha.
I followed the links in the comments of the build tutorial youtube clip but obviously muffed it somewhere. A completed shopping list would be hella easier than clicking each link as it was tough to follow for a noob.
From the pics can anyone tell what I might be missing? I didn't get a resistor as I thought I could sus one from work but we didn't have any at such low ohms...
Any help would be sweet as.
Also will attempt to create a full shopping cart wish list and see if I can share it..
Cheers Heaps

Looking at my order list I think I was drunk!!
1 of: MPS insert style 13
1 of: MPS Pommel style 5
1 of: Rebel Star LED & MHSV1 Heatsink Module
1 of: LED "Corbin style" Show blade 1" OD (36 inches)
1 of: 16mm Anti Vandal Momentary Gold Plated Switch
1 of: MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 11
1 of: MPS Clip
1 of: Machined button for Covertec clip
1 of: Luxeon Rebel Star (Royal Blue)
1 of: Star thermal tape pad
1 of: Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
1 of: Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2
1 of: MHS speaker mount V6 - For 28mm Speakers
1 of: Premium 28mm Speaker
1 of: NB Header and Wiring Harness
1 of: 18650 Single Cell Holder
1 of: 26 gauge wire (sold by the foot) (Black)
1 of: 1/16" Heatshrink tubing
1 of: 1/8" Adhesive lined heatshrink tubing
1 of: 3/16" Heatshrink tubing
1 of: SPST Momentary Guarded switch with red button
1 of: Hilt style 2