PDA

View Full Version : Zanshin - WIP

WookieeGunner
01-03-2015, 01:18 PM
There was a request for information about the MHSv2 and Recharge Ports. Here is my MHSv1/v2 saber. It is currently a belt hanger pending Tim getting in some more electronics. For those who care, the recess for the switch is ~15.5mm (based on my quick caliper measurement, I think Tim used a 5/8 inch bore on it). I would recommend going with the 12mm AV switches, especially if you want them recessed. Not sure if the recess for a 16mm will leave enough metal.

For those interested, here is a picture showing a MHS v1 thread section and an MHS v2 thread section along with how far down the Recharge Port goes in. I was having trouble getting the Recharge Port started until I bent the leads carefully outwards to shorten the total height of the jack.

setelf3of5
01-03-2015, 02:31 PM
looks nice, what is the black grip material you used?

WookieeGunner
01-03-2015, 03:00 PM
That is the Wrinkled Black powder coating. It actually is really nice.

setelf3of5
01-03-2015, 04:17 PM
oh, ok I was wondering if you added it. But it was ordered. Looks cool. I didn't recognize it.

Noyl Wendor
01-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Cool, gives me some more ideas for a v2 hilt. I dig the design. The powder coat is very cool as well. Nice work.

AckAck
01-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Thank you so much for posting these! I have been wondering how the MHSv2 parts looked when coupled with v1 parts. Especially the adapter. And I just adore that blade holder. Thanks again!

WookieeGunner
01-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I had the taperred one (Blade Holder 2 I think) and felt it didn't fit the flow. Got this one and love it.

The bottom of the disk is nice and smooth (feels like the spot it meets the shaft has a radial cut instead of just flat) and feels great if you have your hand slid up against it. I tend to prefer one handed (fencing background) but this saber just begs for a two handed grip.