PDA

View Full Version : I read up on leds but all I see is

Ryma Mara
11-29-2006, 10:58 AM
"forget brightest and go with what you like", well thats a good idea but I dont know the differance between a 1w led and a 3w led.

Becides I know with more watts things get brighter and hotter and what not.

So for one wanting the full, ritch color all thru the blade would one go with a star3? As its has more lumens than the star/0 counterpart that is sold around.

jjshumpert
11-29-2006, 11:13 AM
well first off, whats your setup? will you be going direct drive, using a mr sound module, corbin's board?

Ryma Mara
11-29-2006, 11:19 AM
corbins board and prolly cheap out and use hasbro sound.

jjshumpert
11-29-2006, 11:43 AM
well as far as i know corbins will handle anything from a star o to a k2, what color are you going for?

Ryma Mara
11-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Adegan silver.....

http://www.ultrasabers.com/sabers.htm

I love the fullness of the colors that ultras blades have so iam gonna go with his blades.

Or is that just a white led?

I plan on using the same eletronics for future sabers, so if I were to go with different colors like orange, yellow, guardian blue,purple(with filter), red.

What should I use a 1 or 3 watt?

jjshumpert
11-29-2006, 12:57 PM
its a white, he just uses a different film, and if you want to change colors white is the way to go with lee filters

Ryma Mara
11-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Yeah but I read and seen a couple pics of ppl that used filters and the color dosent look right to me.

I plan on sticking with one color per hilt.

Firebird21
11-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah but I read and seen a couple pics of ppl that used filters and the color dosent look right to me.

I plan on sticking with one color per hilt.

Don't trust photos.

The eye and a camera don't always agree, especially when it comes to sabers.

jjshumpert
11-29-2006, 01:05 PM
seriously i use a red filter on a blue 3w to get a purple and its pretty even up the blade, it wont fade as bad as the pics would suggest

Ryma Mara
11-29-2006, 01:31 PM
I see, so for filters should I go with a 1 or 3 watt to get the best of the color?

Iam gonna go email leefilters now and see about getting a numbered swatchbook.

Sence I found the topic about it, took me about 5 days, lol.

Thanks for the help folks.

jjshumpert
11-29-2006, 03:16 PM
personally i wouldnt use anything smaller than a 3w, and would recomend the k2, your driver wont run it to max potential but it will be far brighter than anything else. you may also want to look on ebay for as is lightsaber auctions and pick up a cheap mr return for your sound. i spent 18 dollars on my last anakin saber and used it for nothing but the sound module and speaker.

Ryma Mara
11-29-2006, 03:46 PM
So 3w corbin board and broken MR for sound?

So also the C&L thing, I can wire up a hasbro C&L button to the board and it will take care of the pressing the on/off button for the clash and lock effect?

So I should go with a latching switch then correct?

jjshumpert
11-29-2006, 03:50 PM
if you get a mr sound module you can run either a 3w or a k2 directly off it, but not a 5w. as for the switches i say check the forum on corbins board for switches and wiring, i havent used one yet... ive been doing all mr conversions so far and im really happy with the outcome with just the mr module. the pic i sent you btw is with a stock mr blade! :D

Ryma Mara
11-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Oh ok thats kool.

Humm, Im gonna go hit up the MR forums and do some reading there.

I compleatly forgot that you can use the whole of MR sabers for the light and sounds.

Thanks

jjshumpert
11-29-2006, 04:02 PM
i just checked ebay, there is a ani and windu hilt on the auctions right now, could prob pick one of those up pretty cheap and either gut it or upgrade...

xwingband
11-29-2006, 04:15 PM
"forget brightest and go with what you like", well thats a good idea but I dont know the differance between a 1w led and a 3w led.

Becides I know with more watts things get brighter and hotter and what not.

So for one wanting the full, ritch color all thru the blade would one go with a star3? As its has more lumens than the star/0 counterpart that is sold around.

You forget color when dealing with the same wattages. A 3W is brighter than a 1W of the same color. Use a 3W if you can.

BTW, the version of Corbin's sold here is a "3W". In truth it's an amperage driver. So you'd need to go direct to corbin if you wanted a "1W" driver.

Ryma Mara
11-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Sweetnesss, thanks guys.